Associate Director, Nbatv
Full Time Job
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
The Associate Director (AD) position is one of 6 members of the NBATV AD staff. The AD works with the Show Producer and Director to execute the vision for the show.
The AD will work in Live and Pre-Recorded Studio and Remote productions. The AD manages the video and graphical content, times all segments, documents sales items, and communicates break structure with Master Control. The AD should have a passion for sports content, especially NBA Basketball. The AD position touches every area of control room production and should be comfortable communicating above and below their job title.
• Coordinate show edit and video content for show production
• Timing of shows and taped segments
• Coordinating format / rundown with Master Control (break times)
• Communicates effectively /Ability to multi-task across Control Room functions
• Talk with Tape Room during shows to set up each show segment and communicate changes
• 5 years in a live control room or truck environment
• 2 years of PA, AP and or Associate Directing experience
• College graduate or equivalent experience preferred
• I-News or equivalent control room rundown application
• Excellent track record in current or previous position
• Knowledge of NBA storylines, historical context , and current players.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.