Assistant Operations Manager - Ecommerce
Warner Bros. DiscoveryCarlstadt, NJ
Full Time Job
Assistant Operations Manager - Ecommerce (Harry Potter)
Location: Carlstadt, New Jersey, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
To assist with the management of the warehouse and warehouse operations that supports Warner Bros. flagship NY store, and our North American ecommerce operations. Our goal is to improve support to the store, improve the efficiency and timing of deliveries, and fulfil ecommerce orders in the local market. This role will focus on managing our ecommerce team and fulfilling ecommerce orders.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Management of people at the site, including engaging employees, setting goals, and communicating priorities.
• Responsible for the team fulfilling ecommerce orders in an accurate, effective, and safe manner.
• Coordinating the recruitment of ecommerce operatives and planning training and ongoing development (this includes recruiting a seasonal ecommerce team to support peak trading)
• Coordinating with our technology team to make sure all ecommerce systems are supported and working well.
• Coordinating with shipping and courier partners to make sure orders are picked up and dispatched in a timely manner.
• Order consumables to support the ecommerce operation.
• Experience of supporting the management of an ecommerce operation.
• IT literate, including use of warehouse management systems (WMS) and ecommerce systems.
• Able to independently make decisions, prioritize workloads and manage change.
• Well organized and focused.
• Able to communicate with internal and external partners.
• Works as part of a team with a flexible approach.
• Support all inventory counts at the warehouse.
• Use of Microsoft Office 365 a plus
• Experience of licensed products a plus
• Interest in film and television, and if possible, Warner Bros.' Wizarding World franchise (desirable).
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.