Assistant Manager, App Programming
WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Assistant Manager, App Programming - Bleacher Report
WarnerMedia seeks an Assistant Manager, App Programming for the Programming – BR department.
The Assistant Manager, Content Programming is responsible for day-to-day management and content strategy of Bleacher Report's app. They will lead B/R's app strategy on in-stream experience and curation, hook writing and content packaging, partnering with our editorial team, as well as serve as a direct manager and mentor to a team of 7 junior programmers
• Innovate around in-app experience, making sure streams are the most curated versions of top news, reactions and analysis
• Help build and develop communities within the app to integrate them into everyday user behavior
• Utilize analytics platform to track and optimize engagement across the app and better understand user experience, behavior
• Manage team of 4-7 direct reports
• Collaborate closely with editorial teams to ensure goals are met
• Work alongside and meet with other departments (social, product, etc.) and portfolio brands (b/r kicks, b/r gaming, b/r betting, etc) to optimize user experience
• Help craft push notification and curation plans around tentpole events, breaking news, viral moments in sports and culture
• Help hiring and onboarding new hires
• This role may require the employee to regularly appear on-camera or have their voice used on video as needed (as mutually agreed upon)
• Passionate sports fan with 5 years experience in digital media, social media or content curation
• Frequent user of B/R app, understanding how it works as a user from an alerts and stream experience, curation perspective
• Experience leading small teams, developing junior reports and realizing their full potential Innovator.
• Ability to take lead and run point on projects
• A keen awareness of Bleacher Report's voice extensive knowledge of internet sports culture. When breaking news happens, be expected to know how B/R reacts on multiple platforms
• Willingness to be available high-leverage nights and weekends (sports, duh)
• Experience with analytics platforms preferred.
• Previous experience, understanding of newsletters is preferred
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.