Full Time Job
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Games family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm's mission remains the same: to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. Our team is comprised of dedicated professionals with years of experience who are at the forefront of the gaming industry. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio's arcade room.
NetherRealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc. seeks an FX Artist to work closely with the FX Lead to create and maintain high quality Special Effects assets for the game. This is an individual contributor position that designs and creates FX work for assigned aspects of products with a focus on technical trouble-shooting and problem solving.
• Use Unreal 4, industry standard 3D and 2D packages, as well as proprietary tools to create FX assets for their assigned development project. These assets will include real-time interactive FX and pre-scripted cinema events.
• Install created FX assets into In-Engine cinemas.
• Assists in R&D efforts for tools enhancements and prototyping of new technology.
• Mentors more junior members of the effects team and serves as a repository of special knowledge for the group
• A BA in art or related field or equivalent experience.
• 3+ years' experience as an artist in the industry.
• At least 1 published game, preferably PS4 or XBox One.
• Must have working knowledge of authoring tools for real-time particle systems.
• Experience with Unreal 4 and Niagara preferred.
• Experience with UE4 Materials creation for FX preferred.
• Experience with UE4 blue prints preferred.
• Houdini FX experience a plus.
• Proficient in 3D modeling using Maya or 3D Studio Max a plus.
• Experience with a scripting language a plus.
• Experience with multiple 2D applications, including Adobe AfterEffects, Photoshop, and similar applications a plus.
• Strong understanding of FX optimization and measuring performance on PS4/Xbox.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
• Solid organization skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions and other established protocols.
• Ability to self-manage and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work well in a team environment and redo/iterate work until it's approved.
• Portfolio/website demonstrating your art skills, design sensibilities, and attention to detail.
• Strong interest in computer or video games.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.