Art Director, Motion Design
WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Art Director, Motion Design (CNN )
Location: United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Our StoryWe are CNN. THE WORLD'S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN . With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN , a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
The Art Director is responsible for helping define and implement the holistic look and consistency of video graphics storytelling and branding, communicating the vision set out by the Creative Director to the boarder set of producers with the organization.
• Work with the Creative Director and show producers to define and execute the holistic look and consistency of motion graphic storytelling and visual branding for our Content Development team, including show packages and identities for both live and VOD, scenic design, animated explainers, data visualizations and infographics
• Operate in a control room setting with directors and producers to shape the look and feel of our live shows and pilots in real-time
• Collaborate with the broadcast design team to execute show branding in scenic and live on screen elements
• Conceptualize and set visual directions for show creative and lead a team of designers to execute projects
• Support the Creative Director in managing the planning and logistics of a project including timelines, equipment, resources, and freelancers
• Assists in running the day-to-day operations of the creative team
• Empower and mentor designers and artists, foster a cohesive, committed, passionate, productive, and positive environment within a growing team.
• Reviews designers' work and provides guidance and direction to ensure high quality and standards while following the vision set by the Creative Director
• Oversight of mid-to-large level projects with input from Creative Director
• Responsible for helping build and recruit for a new design team, leading and managing staff, overseeing a team of designers
• Handle people management aspects including managing designer performance and development.
• 8 years related work experience leading creative for video and broadcast design
• Experience working knowledge of video, animation, and interactive software, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, Cinema 4D
• Experience working knowledge of live graphic workflows, including VizRT and vMix
• Working knowledge of Autodesk Maya, SideFX Houdini, OTOY Octane, VR animation experience a plus
• 2 years of managing teams and/or mentoring team members
• Ability to communicate a creative vision to multiple stakeholders and disciplines
• Direct working experience in a live control room setting and managing visual workflows in real time
• Experience building, recruiting for, and maintaining a talent pipeline for a growing design team
• Builds strong relationships across teams and senior levels
• An awareness of our business and current industry & creative trends
• Ability to design and guide high quality work
• Experience in a deadline driven environment
• Ability to provide feedback and coach for success
• Understanding the scope and needs of a project and ability to execute
• Ability to think boarder and beyond design to strategy
• Bachelor's degree in design or equivalent professional experience.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.