WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: United States - New York - New York
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN . With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN , a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
The Anchor Producer is the editorial backbone for the anchor. This role would be responsible for flagging news and elements to keep the anchor abreast of latest storylines.
• Pitching, researching, planning show segments and digital & social media projects as needed.
• Identifying new reporting, video and graphic elements and helping to research and produce segments.
• Crafting compelling questions and producing elements that spark debate and marrying them together in a smart segment structure.
• Collaborating with newsgathering and research teams.
• Expected to pitch unique guests/angles for biggest stories of day
• Political news background required; show and digital experience is a plus.
• Two years of broadcast producing/writing, reporting or newsgathering experience preferred.
• Desktop and digital editing skills.
• Four-year college degree or equivalent in proven industry experience.
• Ability to produce quality work quickly and in an organized manner.
• Excellent writing and researching skills ---- style, language, accuracy, and balance.
• Ability to think quickly during breaking news, ability to adapt to program and anchor style.
• Attitude --- must be eager, cooperative, energetic, team-oriented.
• Strong production vision --- ability to envision a segment or package and turn it into reality.
• Self-starter --- ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently, with little supervision
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.