Analyst, Technology Finance
WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Analyst, Technology Finance U Kpi / Metrics
Location: United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia seeks an Analyst, Technology Finance – KPI/Metrics for the GTO Finance department.
This position will work closely with Technology Finance and WMTO operations team on technology and financial initiatives, both immediate support and long-term financial planning. Additionally, this position will be responsible for general financial data analytics and strategic initiative support for technology finance focused projects originated both within the Tech Finance group and from other parts of the organization. The analyst position provides key operational support for Tech Finance planned deliverables as well as offers opportunity to develop actionable recommendations to the organizations most critical technology finance needs with excellent senior level exposure.
• Support Technology Finance Executives across a range of ongoing and ad hoc analyses
• This position will be gathering data from various financial and non-financial disciplines and must effectively synthesize relevant information used to support recommendations
• Modeling of technology and finance initiatives impact due to investments, business strategy or process changes
• Perform research and prepare analyses and recommendations on technology metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
• Prepare materials for senior management highlighting opportunity rationale, risks, financial impact and link to strategic roadmap.
• Support the roadmap of KPI and Metrics team focusing on
• Data aggregation, standardization, and normalization to create a common platform that enables business analysis
• Support the creation of key internal insights such as Consulting spend analysis, Total cost of Ownership (TCO), Return on Investment (ROI), Vendor spend analysis, General Ledger analysis, Risk and Savings analysis, and other technology finance related research
• Support the creation of external benchmark against 3rd party sources such as IT spend per employee, Run/Grow/Transform, Capex vs Opex analysis
• Continuous improvement by evaluating current operational process to identify streamlined and efficient alternative solutions
• Model business long term initiatives along with business as usual requirements to create comprehensive picture of the future
• Support company's initiatives in system unification.
• Liaise with internal (e.g. Technology departments, Finance, Corporate Business Development & Strategy, Legal, Tax, Procurement, Warner Media) and external business partners (e.g. consultants, suppliers, clients, etc.) to achieve organizational goals.
• 3 years experience in consulting, finance, technology finance, or other analytical role with a solid understanding of financial principles
• Direct experience conducting data analysis from multiple/complex sources, preparing financial models and communicating insights in compelling and concise presentations
• Direct experience interacting with financial planning systems in creation of budgets, forecast, capital spend, and variance analysis
• Macro-level technology experience and working in highly technical industry with complex interrelationships and rapid pace of innovation
• Experience in creating business plans, SWOT analyses, and strategic plans, including synthesizing primary and secondary research to support recommendations
• Experience analyzing business operations and identifying areas for financial performance (based on return on investment (ROI), compounded annual growth rates, payback, internal rate of return (IRR), pretax and after tax earnings, targeted profit margins, present value, etc.)
• Entertainment experience a plus
• Bachelor's degree in relevant area (e.g. Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering, Computer Science) o MBA or advanced degree is nice to have but not required
• Expertise in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, & financial planning system
• Demonstrate curiosity and willingness to learn about technology and technology-driven businesses; direct experience preferred
• Strong awareness of key entertainment industry dynamics and technology trends
• Seasoned problem solving and data driven analysis skills
• Excellent attention to detail and commitment to producing reliable, high quality work in a timely manner
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and an ability to interact successfully with all levels of management, staff, vendors and customers
• Openness to tackling projects of varying size and complexity with evolving requirements
• Work independently but collaborate and seek input to ensure overall alignment on priority
• Ability to successfully manage multiple assignments and changing priorities
• Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and discretion in all aspects of position and business relationships.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.