AM Weekend Digital Editor, CNN Politics
Full Time Job
Location: United States - District of Columbia - Washington
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Our StoryWe are CNN. THE WORLD'S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
CNN seeks an AM Weekend Editor for the CNN Politics team. The successful candidate will play an essential role for the CNN Politics team, which covers Washington and beyond, politics and elections for CNN's global digital audiences. The AM Weekend Editor is responsible for steering, assigning, and editing coverage on the CNN Politics digital desk. The AM Weekend Editor works across teams, including alerts, programming and social, to ensure our coverage is fast, accurate and editorially sound. We need someone who can juggle editing a few stories at a time, while shifting priorities as news changes.
• Work with a small team of reporters to manage weekend morning coverage
• Edit fast-moving and often breaking stories, create sharp headlines
• Reprioritize content as news evolves
• Keep stakeholders and other editors informed as news develops
• Work with the digital Politics web team to approve social posts and offer second eyes on content
• Occasionally write stories if needs demand it
• Communicate clearly with the CNN Politics digital team on morning developments and handing off in an organized manner to the team's PM counterparts
• 4 years experience in an editorial or reporter role at a traditional or digital native news organization
• Ability to edit copy for clarity, accuracy, and news value
• Excellent news judgment
• Clear communication skills and understanding of when to flag things for senior leadership
• Show a high level of flexibility and the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment making independent decisions
• Sound editorial and social judgment; excellent writing and visual communication skills
• Strong copy-editing skills
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.