Acquisition Strategy Manager, OTT
Full Time Job
Acquisition Strategy Manager, OTT (CNN )
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta, United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Our StoryCNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN . With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN , a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
The Acquisition Manager, OTT will be responsible for executing the strategy of paid and O&O marketing campaigns to drive new subscriber growth across CNN.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the video streaming industry and be a champion for the consumer. The candidate must be a ''doer'' who can execute as well as balance longer-term strategic thinking. They will be part of a team that believes in working fast, being accountable, and learning from mistakes.
• Execute campaigns, developing both short and long-term strategies and roadmaps that will lead to increased conversion rates and drive subscriber growth
• Make OTT/CTV budget recommendations in partnership with the paid media team, finance and data insights to forecast campaign costs, spend, and campaign success
• Provide strategic direction to OTT growth marketing, content, product teams and current agencies to create optimal consumer journeys and ensure established goals are achieved
• Make data-driven recommendations to improve existing campaigns, design testable strategies to optimize channel performance in concert with broader acquisition pod
• Partner with data science team to integrate and implement an attribution strategy
• Work with insights and research team to design research plans, interpret results and synthesize insights
• Establish KPI's and monitor various platform analytics on a consistent basis and review attribution and other data to identify trends and make improvements
• Oversee the development and delivery of management reporting materials, reports and presentations
• Partner closely with retention, engagement, social, editorial and partner marketing teams to ensure alignment of campaigns
• Collaborate with cross-functional partners (product, development, design and content) to articulate product positioning, features and benefits
• Provide internal thought-leadership on the OTT/CTV space and trends
• Bachelor's degree and/or relevant experience
• 5 years of experience developing and driving the strategy of OTT/CTV focused paid marketing, ideally for a direct-to-consumer product
• Hands-on experience with developing and reporting on metrics and KPIs for business goals, process improvement projects, and campaign management
• Strong understanding of how product features, O&O, distribution partner strategy & product buy flow has an impact on user acquisition
• Strong understanding of customer segmentation and how to address different needs of each consumer base
• Strong ability to analyze and interpret data to inform actionable insights to recommend & inform marketing & growth campaigns
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively communicate and Influence cross-functionally across all levels
• Strong presentation skills are a must
• Ability to both think strategically and execute tactically
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.