Weekend News Editor & Writer
Warner Music GroupCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/25/2023 10:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Music Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Weekend News Editor & Writer jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Weekend News Editor & Writer postings
Full Time Job
HipHopDX - Weekend News Editor & Writer (4 Days)
HipHopDX Weekend News Editor & Writer (4 Days) – Freelance
HipHopDX is seeking a strong editor and writer to anchor our weekend news coverage. The position of Weekend News Editor will require someone passionate and knowledgeable about the Hip Hop news space with the ability to aggregate story ideas from various sources. This person will be responsible for ideating, writing, assigning, editing, and publishing news stories. Your initial focus will be writing, understanding our editorial workflow, and learning our style guides. This will progress to managing writers and their workflow on the weekends while continuing to write on weekdays.
The ideal candidate will have worked in a team of 2-3 news writers and have a working knowledge of WordPress, publisher analytics software (Parsley, Chartbeat, Google Analytics), photo editing software, and light HTML used in online publishing. They will also have an effective understanding of SEO, headline writing, and online article construction.
We are looking for someone who is willing to learn and contribute ideas within the role. You will have the opportunity to have your work viewed by millions of people on a weekly basis and truly impact the conversation within the Hip Hop space.
A little bit about our team:
HipHopDX is a Los Angeles-based online media property that produces the written word (hiphopdx.com), social media (@hiphopdx), and video (youtube.com/hiphopdx) content. With team members across the United States and the UK. You will be working alongside our News Editors, The Head of Content, and our talented News Team. You will support the news desk in finding, assigning, editing, and writing breaking news for all the people that eat, sleep, and breathe hip-hop.
As drivers of Hip Hop news and culture, we are committed to providing our readers with 24-hour news coverage, especially on the weekends.
Here you'll get to:
• Assign, edit, and write news stories
• Work in a fast-paced environment
• Use social media to pitch and assign stories
• Communicate with publicists and artist reps for story leads
• Use analytics to identify content opportunities
• 2+ years of experience writing and editing music news
• 2+ years of managing freelance writers
• Available to work Thursday thru Sunday
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, and take creative direction from multiple stakeholders
• Have a strong passion for Hip Hop and music culture.
• Ability to work in WordPress to update articles for content and SEO
• Ability to work under time constraints and deadlines.
• Possess a strong work ethic, and positive attitude, with an ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously on stated timelines
• Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage time effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication skills are required to have a solid understanding of project scope and implementation
• Basic HTML and photo editing skills
• Solid understanding of MS Office or Google Suite
We'd love it if you also had:
• Live in New York or L.A. but not a must
• Have an understanding of social media platforms.
• Working knowledge of spreadsheets
$20 - $30/hr (Experience based)
We value hard work, integrity, and agility, and we love to reward individuals who show initiative and work well within our team. Come join our team at HipHopDX and impact Hip Hop culture!
For over 23 Years HipHopDX has been telling stories about Hip Hop Music Culture through all mediums, the written word (hiphopdx.com), social media (@hiphopdx), and video (youtube.com/hiphopdx). As one of the longest-standing Hip Hop digital publications, DX not only stays current on Hip Hop culture but continues to influence, encourage, and build it. With our move to the Warner Music Group family (but still independent) we are taking the next steps in our growth, looking for some great storytellers and people to help support those storytellers (editors, coders, marketers, etc..). We reach over 6 million Hip Hop fans a month through all our properties and growing.
About Our Division: WMX Media & Content
At Warner Music Experience (WMX), we build and strengthen fan communities that support artists and drive results for brands. Our unmatched combination of commerce opportunities, award-winning original content, and access to talent helps create memorable experiences and move the cultural needle.
WMX Content & Media - unites brands, artists, and fans through breakthrough content strategies and brand partnerships, harnessing the power of creativity and music to connect with key audiences.
About Our Parent: Warner Music Group
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trendsetters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next-generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job a