Warner Music U Rep, Marketing
Warner Music GroupRemote, NY
Full Time Job
Warner Music U Rep, Marketing
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music U (WMU) is the branch of Warner Music Group focused around developing artists. Our content and experiences are generated by young creatives, all with the intention of creating lifelong fans for our artists and labels. Reps receive hands on experience in the music industry, working directly with full time employees and artists from WMG label partners including but not limited to Atlantic Records, Warner Records, 300 Entertainment, Asylum Records, ADA, and Warner Nashville. Reps work part time, up to 18 hours a week, and can receive credit if necessary.
• Be Creative - We give you the creative freedom to create online content, playlists, and experiences that help Gen Z discover up and coming artists, using your own voice and expertise of the school and/or market.
• Gain Real World Experience - Play an integral role in artist development for newly signed and up and coming artists. Utilize your connections and relationships to help break them within the 18-24 demographic through digital, promotional, and grassroots marketing efforts. Summarize outcomes, feedback, and analytics through weekly and monthly reporting. You may also promote and attend shows for WMG artists performing in your market and provide detailed feedback.
• Meet Artists - Work with and coordinate on-campus and virtual appearances for some of the fastest rising artists in the music industry.
• Expand Your Network - Correspond with various departments and employees at Warner Music Group through the execution of campaigns and artist-involved events. Connect and collaborate with your fellow reps across the country through weekly meetings and coordinated moments.
• Be the Eyes and Ears of WMG - Provide insights on the latest trends and music popular in your market.
Interested? This should be you –
• Obsessed with music. And we don't mean one or two genres. You're someone who can find a favorite song or artist in any genre. You may be an ''expert'' in a certain style, but you easily geek out over songs or artists in another and get your friends to as well.
• Discovering new music and the challenge of promoting a virtually unknown artist excites you, and you can think of many creative ways to do so.
• Outgoing and can (and do) talk to anyone.
• Creative, dynamic, surprising, clever, elegant, unique, challenging, intelligent, compassionate, inspiring and determined describe your promotional and marketing styles.
• Working in the music industry after graduation is your goal.
• A self-starter excited about the idea of running your own projects.
• Already well-connected within the university and know how to utilize your connections to make things happen (find speakers for a panel, secure a location for an event, obtain cosponsors, etc.).
• Active user on socials, especially TikTok.
• Willing to use your personal socials to create awareness and generate views for priority artists (regardless of genre) and brand partnerships.
• HUGE passion for music, pop culture, and social media.
• Open to individuals enrolled in a 2- or 4-year university with at least two semesters remaining before graduation, high school juniors and seniors, as well as non-students.
• Heavily involved in campus and/or community activities and able to effectively tap into connections to pull together successful experiences.
• A public TikTok and Instagram profile (include handles on your resume).
• Professional attitude with great time management and organizational skills. Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced role.
• Excellent written and communication skills and great attention to detail.
• Work well remotely/independently without direct supervision.
• Enjoy vlogging and posting about activities on TikTok and Instagram.
• Understanding of social media platforms (especially TikTok and Instagram) and content that performs best on each platform.
• Able to work up to 18 hours a week.
We'd love it if you also had:
• Promotional experience (radio promotions, brand ambassador, street team, etc.).
• Previous marketing and/or music internship experience.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link