Warner Music U Rep, Marketing & Events
Warner Music GroupRemote, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/6/2023 12:30:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Warner Music U Rep, Marketing & Events jobs in Remote-NY
Search all Warner Music U Rep, Marketing & Events postings
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Warner Music U Rep, Marketing & Events
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music U (WMU) is the branch of Warner Music Group focused on developing artists. Our content and experiences are generated by young creatives, all with the intention of creating lifelong fans for our artists and labels. Reps receive hands on experience in the music industry, working directly with full time employees and artists from WMG label partners including but not limited to Atlantic Records, Warner Records, 300 Entertainment, Asylum Records, ADA, and Warner Nashville. Reps work part time, up to 18 hours a week, and can receive college credits if necessary.
Here you'll get to:
We give you the creative freedom to create online content, playlists, and experiences that help Gen Z discover up and coming artists, using your own voice and expertise of your school and/or market.
Gain Real World Experience
Play an integral role in artist development for newly signed artists. Utilize your connections and relationships to help break them within the 18-24 demographic through digital, promotional, and grassroots marketing efforts. Summarize outcomes, feedback, and analytics through weekly and monthly reporting.
You may also have the opportunity to:
• Attend shows for WMG artists performing in your market, providing detailed feedback.
• Contribute to the WMU branded social media accounts.
Work with and coordinate in-person and digital experiences for our curated roster of rising artists.
Expand Your Network
Correspond with various departments and employees at Warner Music Group through the execution of campaigns and artist-involved events. Connect with your fellow reps across the country through weekly meetings and collaborative projects.
Be the Eyes and Ears of WMG
Provide valuable insights on the latest trends and music popular in your market.
• You're someone who can find a favorite song or artist in any genre. You may be an ''expert'' in a certain style, but you easily geek out over songs or artists in another and get your friends to as well.
• As an active user on socials, especially TikTok, you are enthusiastic to use your personal accounts to create awareness and generate views for brand partnerships and priority artists across all genres.
• Discovering new music and the challenge of promoting artists early in their careers excites you, and you can think of many creative ways to do so.
• Already well-connected within your university or market and know how to utilize your connections to make things happen (find speakers for a panel, secure a location for an event, obtain co-sponsors, etc.).
• A self-starter excited about the idea of running your own projects.
• Outgoing and can (and do) talk to anyone.
• Working in the music industry after graduation is your goal.
• You must have a huge passion for music, pop culture, and social media.
• Open to individuals enrolled in a 2 or 4-year university.
• Eager to create content for your own public social media profiles (Resume Tip! Include your TikTok and Instagram handles).
• Understand virality and strategy of social media platforms - especially TikTok - and know how to create best-in-class content.
• Heavily involved in campus and/or community activities and able to effectively tap into connections to pull together successful experiences.
• Professional attitude with outstanding communication, time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines, pay attention to detail, and work in a fast-paced role.
• Work well remotely/independently without direct supervision.
• Able to work up to 18 hours a week.
If this is you, we need to meet!
We'd love it if you also had:
• Promotional experience (radio promotions, brand ambassador, street team or similar).
• Previous marketing and/or music internship experience.
• Leadership experience/skills.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
$13.25 to 17.29 Hourly
Salary ranges are included for job postings where required by law. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants witho