Warner Music U Rep, Content Creator
Warner Music GroupRemote, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/6/2023 12:30:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Content Creator Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Warner Music U Rep, Content Creator jobs in Remote-NY
Search all Warner Music U Rep, Content Creator postings
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Warner Music U Rep, Content Creator
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music U (WMU) is the branch of Warner Music Group focused on developing artists. Our content and experiences are generated by young creatives, all with the intention of creating lifelong fans for our artists and labels. Reps receive hands-on experience in the music industry, working directly with full-time employees and artists from WMG label partners including but not limited to Atlantic Records, Warner Records, 300 Entertainment, Asylum Records, ADA, and Warner Nashville. Reps work part-time, up to 18 hours a week, and can receive college credit s if necessary.
Here you'll get to:
You will create content pieces of your own promoting new releases, tour announcements, merch, playlists, and upcoming events utilizing your own creative spin and style. You may attend shows and photograph WMG artists performing in your market. In addition, you may be responsible for editing raw footage collected from WMU events and activations taking place across the country into professional and cohesive pieces to be shared through various WMG and Warner Music U channels.
Share Your Expertise
Share your ideas and input in collaboration meetings with the full team. Create concepts and s hot lists for nationwide events and advise on best practices for collecting video/audio for an event .
Meet Artist s
Work with and coordinate in-person and digital content pieces/a ctivations with artists. Occasionally work directly with artists to help capture their creative vision when editing a final piece.
Expand Your Network
Correspond with various departments and employees at Warner Music Group through the editing and revision process. Connect with your fellow reps across the country through weekly meetings and collaborative projects.
Be the Eyes and Ears of WMG
Provide valuable insights on the latest trends and music popular in your market.
• You're someone who can find a favorite song or artist in any genre. You may be an ''expert'' in a certain style, but you easily geek out over songs or artists in another and get your friends to as well.
• You live for creating digital content and executing high-quality projects with limited resources, specializing in videography, photography, graphic design, editing, and/or animation.
• A creative storyteller with out-of-the-box ideas who can conceptualize a concept from ideation to execution.
• A self-starter excited about the idea of running projects without direct supervision.
• The challenge of creating content for artists early in their careers excites you, and you can think of many creative ways to do so.
• As an active user on socials, especially TikTok, you are enthusiastic to use your personal accounts to create awareness
• Must have a huge passion for music, pop culture, and social media.
• Open to individuals enrolled in a 2 or 4-year university.
• Working knowledge of digital technology , editing software packages , and professional-grade cameras ( such as Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects, and Final Cut Pro ). Audio equipment and software experience is a plus .
• Demonstrable video editing ability with a n impressive portfolio and/or strong social media presence ( Resume Tip! I nclude links to content you are proud of ).
• Understand the virality and strategy of social media platforms - especially TikTok - and know how to create best-in-class content .
• Eager to create content for your own public social media profiles (Resume Tip! Include your TikTok and Instagram handles).
• Professional attitude with outstanding communication, time management, and organizational skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines, pay attention to detail, and work in a fast-paced role.
• Work well remotely/independently without direct supervision.
• Able to work up to 18 hours a week.
If this is you, we need to meet!
We'd love it if you also had:
• Previous freelance / internship experience creating online content , o r within a brand ambassador role .
• Previous marketing and/or music internship experience .
• Leadership experience/skills.
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trendsetters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next-generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
$13.25 to $17.29 Hourly
Salary ranges are included for job postings where required by law. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business nee