Warner Music U College Rep Spring, Marketing
Warner Music GroupRemote, US
Full Time Job
Warner Music U College Rep Spring 2020, Marketing
Job Title: Warner Music U College Rep Spring 2020, Marketing
Reports To: Director, Warner Music U
Location(s): Remote – Sacramento, Seattle, Chicago, Houston, Milwaukee, New Orleans, Miami, Salt Lake City, Detroit, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Kansas City, Buffalo, Providence, Oklahoma City
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after team.
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music U (WMU) is the branch of Warner Music Group focused around all thing's college. Our content and experiences are generated by college students for college students, all with the intention of creating fans for our developing artists. College reps receive hands on experience in the music industry, working directly with full time employees and artists from WMG label partners including but not limited to Atlantic Records, Warner Records, 300 Entertainment, Asylum Records, ADA, and Warner Nashville. Reps work part time, up to 18 hours a week, and can receive credit if necessary.
Why this could be your next big break:
Warner Music U is now hiring college music junkies with a passion for promotions, marketing and event planning to join our team for the Spring 2020 Semester as paid college reps!
Interested? This should be you –
• Obsessed with music. And we don't mean one or two genres. You're someone who can find a favorite song or artist in any genre. You may be an ''expert'' in a certain style, but you easily geek out over songs or artists in another and get your friends to as well.
• Discovering new music and the challenge of promoting a virtually unknown artist excites you, and you can think of many creative ways to do so.
• Outgoing and can (and do) talk to anyone.
• ''Creative'' and ''out of the box'' describe your promotional and marketing styles.
• Working in the music industry after graduation is your goal.
• A self-starter excited about the idea of running your own projects.
• Already well-connected within the university and know how to utilize your connections to make things happen (find speakers for a panel, secure a location for an event, obtain cosponsors, etc.).
• Willing to use your personal socials to create awareness and generate views for priority artists (regardless of genre) and brand partnerships.
If this is you, we need to meet!
As a WMU College Rep – Marketing Rep you'll get to:
We give you the creative freedom to create online content and in-person experiences that help students discover up and coming artists, using your own voice and expertise of the school and market.
Gain Real World Experience
Play an integral role in artist development for newly signed and up and coming artists. Utilize your connections and relationships to help break them within the college demographic through digital, promotional and grassroots marketing efforts. Summarize outcomes, feedback and analytics through weekly and monthly reporting.
Work with and coordinate on-campus appearances and moments for some of the fastest rising artists in the music industry.
Expand Your Network
Correspond with various departments and employees at Warner Music Group through the execution of campaigns and artist-involved events. Connect and collaborate with your fellow reps across the country through weekly meetings and coordinated moments.
Be the Eyes and Ears of WMG
Provide insights on the latest trends and music popular amongst students on your campus.
Requirements of Warner Music U College Reps:
• HUGE passion for music, pop culture, and social media.
• Enrolled at a brick and mortar university within the undergraduate program (sorry, no online schools) with at least two semesters remaining before graduation.
• Heavily involved in campus and community activities and able to effectively tap into connections to pull together successful experiences.
• Professional attitude with great time management and organizational skills. Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced role.
• Excellent written and communication skills and great attention to detail.
• Work well remotely/independently without direct supervision.
• Enjoy vlogging and posting about activities on Instagram.
• Understanding of social media platforms (especially Instagram) and content that performs best on each platform.
• A public Instagram profile (include handle on your resume).
• Able to work up to 18 hours a week
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Promotional experience (radio promotions, brand ambassador, street team, etc.).
• Previous marketing and/or music internship experience.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship, physical or mental disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other basis or classification protected under applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.