Warner Music U College Rep, Content Creator
Warner Music GroupRemote, US
Part Time Job
Warner Music U College Rep, Content Creator
Job Title: Warner Music U College Rep, Content Creator
Reports To: Director, Warner Music U
Location(s): Remote – NYC, LA, Boston, D.C., Philadelphia, San Francisco, Sacramento, Denver, Portland, OR, Seattle, Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Nashville, San Diego, Milwaukee, New Orleans, Miami, Phoenix, Austin, Salt Lake City, Detroit, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Kansas City, Orlando, Buffalo, Providence, Oklahoma City, Columbus, Oakland
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after team.
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music U (WMU) is the branch of Warner Music Group focused around all things college. Our content and experiences are generated by college students for college students, all with the intention of creating fans for our developing artists. College reps receive hands on experience in the music industry, working directly with full time employees and artists from WMG label partners including but not limited to Atlantic Records, Warner Bros. Records, 300 Entertainment, Asylum Records, ADA, and Warner Nashville. Reps work part time, up to 18 hours a week, and can receive credit if necessary.
Why this could be your next big break:
Warner Music U is now hiring college music junkies with a passion for content creation, videography and editing to join our team for the Fall 2019 Semester as paid college reps!
Interested? This should be you –
• Obsessed with music. And we don't mean one or two genres. You're someone who can find a favorite song or artist in any genre.
• You're a great storyteller and have a creative mind that can envision the final piece from the initial concept discussion.
• You live for creating video content – your camera is always with you and you're constantly posting edited pieces to your socials, YouTube channel and/or website.
• Generating views for your content is your number one goal and you know how to do it authentically.
• The challenge of creating engaging content for relatively unknown developing artists excites you.
• A self-starter excited about the idea of running projects without direct supervision.
• Willing to use your personal socials to create awareness and generate views for priority artists (regardless of genre) and brand partnerships.
If this is you, we need to meet!
As a WMU College Rep – Content Creator you'll get to:
You will be responsible for editing raw footage collected from WMU events and activations taking place across the country into professional and cohesive pieces to be shared through various WMG and Warner Music U channels. In addition, you will create content pieces of your own promoting new releases, tour announcements, merch and upcoming events adding your own creative spin and style.
Share Your Expertise
Share your ideas and input in collaboration meetings with the full team to help them collect the best footage/content for final pieces. Create shot lists and concepts for nationwide events and moments to maintain continuity, and share best practices for collecting video/audio for an event (what to ask a hired videographer, what equipment to use, which way to hold a phone camera, etc.)
Work with and coordinate content pieces and activations when an artist is in your market. Occasionally work directly with artists to help capture their creative vision when editing a final piece.
Expand Your Network
Correspond with various departments and employees at Warner Music Group through the editing and revision process. Connect and collaborate with your fellow reps through weekly meetings and coordinated moments.
Be the Eyes and Ears of WMG
Provide insights on the latest trends around content creation and popular music amongst students.
Requirements of Warner Music U College Reps:
• HUGE passion for music, pop culture, and social media
• Enrolled at a brick and mortar university within the undergraduate program (sorry, no online schools) with at least two semesters remaining before graduation
• Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (ex. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
• Experience with professional grade cameras. Audio equipment and software experience a plus!
• Professional attitude with great time management and organizational skills. Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced role
• Great attention to detail
• Work well remotely/independently without direct supervision
• Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio or social media presence (include links on resume)
• Understanding of social media platforms (especially Instagram) and content that performs best on each platform
• A public Instagram profile (include handle on your resume)
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Previous freelance or internship experience creating content for a team or brand
• Previous marketing and/or music internship experience
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship, physical or me
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.