VP, UX / UI Design & Quality Assurance
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
VP, UX/UI Design & Quality Assurance
A little bit about our team:
Lead a cross-functional team charged with creating consumer grade usability experiences from backoffice, B2B and consumer facing applications. We translate functions represented by approximately 200 – 300 legacy applications into a smaller footprint of new business applications. We are the ''dynamic'' team setting the bar for innovation and collaboration.
Why this could be your next big break:
Run the 'Innovation' portfolio of projects from inception thru execution. Support your peers as a capability by providing UX standards, tools, and staff. Challenge conventional thinking and bring the best the internet has to offer to modernize WMG. Act as counterpoint to Engineering by supporting the QA capability and assist with training & deployment.
Here you'll get to:
• Assist in identifying and cultivating ideas that modernize and innovate WMG processes and systems
• Take projects from initial concept to prototype and oversee UX/UI through to implementation
• Stay on top of the competitive landscape and general internet trends
• Lead a team of talented Product Managers, UX Designers, Visual Designers and QA engineers
• Set the standards for product management, UX, style guides, and QA
• Elevate and evangelize the value of UX and modern design thinking across the organization
• Solve real business problems
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Navigate and negotiate a wide range of stakeholders
• 5+ years leading design teams in an agency environment
• 5+ years leading design teams on the client-side
• 5+ years in a leadership role
• Knowledge of technical architecture concepts and approaches
• Knowledge of software development methodologies and the best ways to maximize the design process within them
• Experience designing and delivering complex applications
• Rationalize the user experience across the Warner application landscape
• Up to date on UX concepts and tools available in the cloud environment
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Experience designing experiences for high-touch, exclusive users in the media or entertainment industries
• Experience in the music industry, especially the design and delivery of applications used by music or music-related companies
• Rally a team around a united vision
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.