Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Job Title: Vice President, Record-to-Report
Why this could be your next big break:
The Vice President, RTR will oversee the process delivery team and own the RTR process (Fixed Assets, General Accounting and Financial Reporting, Project Costing and Inventory Accounting, Artist Projects and Corporate Consolidations). They will help to re-imagine our processes and systems to establish more standardized and efficient ways of working that will drive WMG's growth and business aspirations.
Here you'll get to:
• Manage RTR process team and ensure that the team functions effectively and efficiently
• Develop, communicate, and execute policies and procedures for the RTR process area
• Track and measure performance against defined key performance indicators (KPIs) and service level agreements (SLAs); review KPIs on a regular basis and suggest changes where necessary
• Report performance (statistics/metrics) to business units in accordance with KPIs / SLAs
• Improve RTR business process on a continual basis utilizing leading practices
• Ensure audit controls are followed, provide direction on audit strategy and assist in the maintenance of internal and external audit procedures
• Partner with corporate finance team for initial consolidations of the legal entities
• Serve as a point of escalation and final approval (e.g. journal entries, reconciliations, financial reports, etc.)
• Act as key contact / subject matter resource to all external groups which affect / are affected by the RTR process
• Own master data and approve requests for master data changes
• Set and monitor tolerances, parameters, users and profiles in the master databases in the ERP
• Build and manage relationships with the label/affiliates
• Manage and coordinate the provision of timely and high-quality service and delivery to the business
• Scope could expand to include additional functions or regions
The Key Accountabilities are:
• Perform Fixed Asset Accounting and Reporting
• Intangible Asset Accounting
• Record Transactions
• Intercompany Recharges Accounting
• Analyze & Reconcile Accounts
• Period Close & Consolidation
• Financial Reporting
• Capital and Artist Project Accounting
• Perform Product Cost Planning
• Record Production Transactions
• Perform Period End Closing and Cost Analysis & Reporting
• Set Transfer Prices
• Perform Inventory Analysis and Reporting
• Profit & Loss Statement Accounting
Rockstar candidates will:
• Ensure period-end and closed activities are completed on time
• Have experience in global organizations
• Have a Service Delivery mindset
• Be a team player
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting preferred; Finance or other related discipline considered
• CPA required
• 10+ years of accounting experience
• Knowledge of SAP
• Experience with ERP's
• Strong work-ethic and are a self-starter with effective organizational skills with attention to detail who proactively seeks out new solutions
• Problem solving, decision making, and continuous process improvement skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Partnering, influencing, and communication skills to convey key elements in a concise and positive manner across a range of audiences and levels
• Ability to work proactively, independently, and as a strategic partner in a team environment
• Demonstrated critical thinking and dedication to deepening understanding of work being done
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.