VP, Lifestyle Product Management
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
VP, Lifestyle Product Management
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG's Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville. WMG's music publishing arm, Warner Chappell Music, has a catalog of more than 1.4 million musical compositions spanning every musical genre, from the standards of the Great American Songbook to the biggest hits of the 21st century. Warner Music Group is also home to WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic), the pioneering distribution and marketing network, and ADA, the independent artist and label services company, as well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Artist Services team at WEA/WMG.
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music Artist Services is a global team with a simple ethos: put the artists first. Our team is made up of engineers and marketers, graphic designers and salespeople. We are creative and detail-obsessed. Above all, we are music fans - unabashed, enthusiastic music fans. We are passionate champions of our artists, and we work tirelessly to deliver for them every album cycle, every tour, every day.
We are flexible, agile and strategic. Our global sales and marketing teams provide a broad suite of expert commercial and marketing knowledge. We utilize the latest digital marketing technology, develop infrastructure and execute strategy through consumer analytics, email marketing and CRM expertise that turns the artist goals into "must have" opportunities for fans.
Why this could be your next big break:
Through creative innovation and vision, the VP, Lifestyle Product Management works directly with the artist and their teams to help them develop as a Brand and extend that into the marketplace. It is an artist services role focusing on product development, inspired by music and style trends, and centered on artist rights. As point person, the VP, Lifestyle Product Management is the primary source of information and inspiration supported by the art, production, sourcing and product development teams. The expectation is that this individual will create products and experiences that generate incremental revenue throughout the entire lifecycle of an artist's projects. You will be expected to collaborate with the Artist and their representation, Managers, Agents, Lawyers. You will be expected to work closely with the entire Label staff supporting that artist. Executives, Product Managers, Business Affairs, Marketers. A&R. You will also be expected to extend that artists brand into the marketplace with outside brand partnerships, merchandising and content collaborations.
Here you'll get to:
• Work with Label, Artist(s), Brand Partners and Operations to solicit and implement all commercial offerings
• Foster close, positive relationships with artist and artist management
• Bring product ideas to fruition from conceptualization to market placement in coordination with artist, label, brand partners, production, sourcing and art departments
• Work with key persons to plan, develop and implement merchandise marketing initiatives
• Assist in the creation and submission of retail solicitation of merchandise offerings for sales staff.
• Oversee, and develop an artist's Live Touring business. Create Merchandising and VIP experience campaigns for artists in order to drive revenue and maximize fan engagement on the road.
• Obtain art and product approvals
• Work closely with key department personnel to strategize and coordinate short and long-range product releases for tour, retail brand licensing and e-commerce distribution
• Create fan-focused products that create intimacy between fan and artist
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Loves music and understands the ''fan'' mentality
• Strategic thinker, and creative marketer
• Strong leadership skills, problem-solving skills, & project management skills.
• Must be an effective communicator that can convey information efficiently.
• Must understand Lifestyle, Streetwear consumer demographics as they relate to each artist property
• Excellent time management, follow-up skills, organizational skills with ability to prioritize workload, and strong attention to detail.
• Self-motivated, able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
• Great Communication Skills with multiple levels of management and cross departmental
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Ideal candidate will have minimum Sr. Director level or VP level of 8+ years in the music industry (experience working directly with artist managers, brand partnerships, booking agencies, Recorded Music Labels etc.
• 8+ years of Artist Product or merchandising Experience (Production, Retail, Creative Design, Brand Extensions)
• Must have ability to occasionally work weekends and holidays
• Experience with web-based software applications
• Excellent MS Office Skills – Proficient in Excel
• College Degree required
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2020 Warner Music Inc.