VP, Legal & Business Affairs
Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
VP, Legal & Business Affairs
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after BUSINESS AND LEGAL AFFAIRS team at WARNER MUSIC NASHVILLE.
Title: VP, Business and Legal Affairs
Here you'll get to:
• Negotiate and draft a wide variety of complex music industry agreements, including recording agreements, merchandising agreements, fan club agreements, collateral entertainment agreements, label deals, profit split deals, soundtrack album agreements, producer agreements, manufacturing and distribution agreements, and various types of licenses.
• Liaise with all other departments of the company to answer questions and ensure compliance with contractual and legal obligations
• Review artwork, video treatments, video rough cuts and other audio and audiovisual recordings to assess potential risks and claims.
• Review mastering requests to ensure that all releases have been cleared (or the risk of non-clearance has been understood and assumed) prior to release.
• Provide ongoing advice to Business Affairs Administration department on contractual interpretation, standards and clearance related issues.
• Work with Rhino to facilitate clearance requests.
• Provide advice to Audit and Finance departments on contractual interpretation and audit strategy; negotiate and draft final settlements.
• Review royalty statements of major artists and statements which are substantially payable to ensure accuracy.
• Work with WEA and Finance and Sales departments regarding pricing issues for digital releases and assessing risks of various sales programs; develop strategies to resolve issues.
• Manage claims and outside counsel as necessary.
Rockstar candidates will have:
• J.D. and authorization to practice law in TN
• 5-7 years experience in Business & Legal Affairs department of major records company.
• Demonstrated drafting and negotiation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively interact with a range of personalities and styles and establish effective relationships externally and internally at all organizational levels.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.