VP, Global Voice Strategy
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Music Group Digital Strategy and Business Development ("DSBD") team drives overall digital strategy across WMG and executes partnerships and content license deals with companies that run the gamut from the biggest companies in the world to local startups that are breaking new ground in media and music. DSBD also focuses on vitalizing incremental and diversified strategic value and revenue through new business partnerships that engage music fans across scaled, culturally relevant digital platforms and communities, this includes social and gaming use cases as well as immersive experiences. DSBD's global directive places it at the intersection of the constantly evolving global digital media and consumer technology landscape, and as such, the team is charged with driving core revenue as well as experimenting with emerging technologies and leading all aspects of WMG's relationships and initiatives within the startup ecosystem. Given its broad strategic objectives, DSBD works closely with teams across WMG's various operating units including WMG's labels, affiliates and publisher.
Why this could be your next big break:
This new role will require you to partner with key members from teams spanning the entire organization, from frontline labels and catalog to artist services to data and technology.
You will own KPIs of the overall voice program, and oversee senior executive stakeholder communication and updates related to the voice program. Additionally, you will be working closely with external agency partners and voice platforms while collaborating with artist teams directly to ideate and execute on voice application builds. From this position, you will see WMG from a unique vantage point and be able to drive material positive outcomes for our artists and the company at large.
Here you'll get to:
• Own KPIs for the overall voice program, regularly assessing performance and adjusting strategies as necessary.
• Project manage voice campaigns with a focus on evolving market conditions, scalability, and organizational compliance.
• Brainstorm with label marketing teams to come up with creative, effective, and feasible ideas for voice-driven marketing campaigns.
• Manage the internal project intake process and organize resourcing with external development teams to ensure timely deliveries.
• Identify and rally outside team leads to engender a sense of ownership around new business strategies in order to help integrate your operational recommendations.
• Oversee senior executive stakeholder communication and updates related to the voice program.
• Help establish a medium-term, actionable framework for the global evolution of WMG's voice business over the next 3-5 years.
• Evangelize voice technology internally, highlighting relevant information for different audiences and educating internal teams on important platform developments.
• Provide voice-specific guidance when needed by other parts of the business.
• Work closely with contractors and vendor teams to negotiate rates, ensure accurate deliverables, and maintain strategic partnerships.
• Coordinate with agency partner(s) on a day-to-day basis.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• You have 10+ years in an account or project management leadership position at a Fortune 500 company or an agency servicing Fortune 500 companies, with a proven ability as a highly efficient project lead.
• You have 5+ years of management experience and have built out a small team, with a proven ability to oversee strategic, enterprise-wide directives or programs.
• You have a deep understanding of digital ecosystems and have delivered effective, innovative digital marketing campaigns leveraging new platforms.
• You can distill essential information from complex concepts and effectively communicate important points to busy audiences.
• You have an entrepreneurial spirit, you are commercially minded, and you are excited by the thought of building new programs from the ground up.
• You have an established record in applying innovative, analytical approaches to capturing new value within both existing and new business opportunities.
• You have in-depth knowledge of emerging technology and the voice landscape.
• You can manage multiple projects at once while working with many stakeholders.
• You have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and process/infrastructure management.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Experience in the music industry (or media and strategy experience).
• Experience working with artists and their teams.
• Experience developing consumer-facing software applications.
• Experience developing and integrating progressive, scaled business strategies.
• Experience in executive presence and self-management ability.
• Experience in project management and analytical assessment.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will