Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG's Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville. WMG's music publishing arm, Warner Chappell Music, has a catalog of more than 1.4 million musical compositions spanning every musical genre, from the standards of the Great American Songbook to the biggest hits of the 21st century. Warner Music Group is also home to WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic), the pioneering distribution and marketing network, and ADA, the independent artist and label services company, as well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Finance team.
A little bit about our team:
Warner Records is a record label of iconic, culture-shaping music and entertainment, run by a fearless team of music obsessives. We are looking for a VP of Finance to join our team.
Why this could be your next big break:
This position will be the ''right hand'' to the CFO and be responsible for managing the team to perform the day to day operations of the label finance department including financial reporting, financial planning & analysis, strategic deal analysis, cash management and coordination with WMG Corporate Business Services.
Here you'll get to:
• Own the monthly financial close – involves coordination with various departments across the company, review of P&L, balance sheet and supporting schedules. Also includes analytical review of all revenue streams, margin costs, marketing, artists & repertoire investments and overhead with explanation of variances between results and projections.
• Lead the team in budget process and financial forecasting – supervise the preparation of the annual budget and monthly forecasts.
• Get involved in strategic deal analysis – Perform deal analysis with Business Affairs for prospective artist signings and analysis of existing joint venture and participation agreements, including review of related statements prepared by corporate business services.
• Responsible for day to day operational finance related to marketing, artist & repertoire costs, artist services (merchandise, touring, fan clubs) and label overhead activities.
• Responsible for ensuring proper internal controls are implemented at the label.
Rockstar candidates will:
• Have strong financial and analytical capabilities – an intuitive, strategic thinker
• Strong management skills and effective communication abilities
• Be comfortable with senior level executives across different areas of the company
• Be a highly organized person who thrives in a fast paced, ever transforming work environment
• Possess strong multi-tasking abilities
• Have experience managing a financial reporting team, works well with change and is a team player
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Degree in finance or accounting
• 10+ years of senior level financial and management experience
• Music industry experience
• Advanced MS Office skills
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.