VP, Finance, Imgn
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
VP, Finance, IMGN
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG's Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville. WMG's music publishing arm, Warner Chappell Music, has a catalog of more than 1.4 million musical compositions spanning every musical genre, from the standards of the Great American Songbook to the biggest hits of the 21st century. Warner Music Group is also home to WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic), the pioneering distribution and marketing network, and ADA, the independent artist and label services company, as well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
A little bit about our team:
IMGN Media, a Warner Music Group Company, is a tech-driven media organization specialized in producing and programming social content for Gen Z audiences. IMGN owns & operates a portfolio of media brands in gaming, entertainment, ASMR and more, with an overall reach of over 50 million followers. IMGN is home to Daquan, TryHard, So Satisfying & more highly engaging channels.
Why this could be your next big break:
The IMGN Finance VP will p rovide financial leadership to the IMGN senior executive team to plan and execute the financial strategy of IMGN as it relates to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting and financial reporting needs. Successful candidates for this leadership role are innovative, bias toward action, communicate exceptionally, balance getting the details right with moving fast, focus on wise resource allocation, and serve as inspirational leaders to their teams and partners.
Here you'll get to:
• Own the budgeting and forecasting; manage and coordinate all fiscal reporting activities for the divisional P&L, balance sheet and cashflow reports.
• Leading central financial planning activities in support of overall IMGN strategy and business development, including creation of consolidated budget, forecasts, financial models, business plans, and long-term growth strategies in partnership with other departments.
• Work closely with the production, creative, Ecommerce and sales teams to ensure successful execution of business plans; provide analysis and consultation in developing new business opportunities.
• Advise on contract negotiations from a financial impact perspective.
• Identify key metrics to support hiring, scale and profitability goals
• Update IMGN and WMG executives on the financial performance for the company and key finance initiatives including monthly and ad hoc submissions to corporate finance for analysis and consolidations.
• Review and approve billings and reports.
• Create consolidated global IMGN reporting summary.
• Analyze and communicate weekly, monthly and quarterly sales reports and other key performance metrics.
• Lead in shaping the overall finance department's policies, procedures, and best practices building reporting tools, creating and reviewing production budgets, implementing internal controls and risk management procedures, evaluating and implementing systems and applying consistent customary business practices.
• Manage the workload of full-time staff; overseeing work of all finance and accounting contractors and temporary staff resources.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Come with working knowledge of the digital media space, including ad-supported revenue models
• Comfortably work with senior level executives in different areas of the company
• Apply your proactive approach mentality with excellent analytical and communication skills
• Build alignment for initiatives and programs in a fast-paced environment
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Knowledge of digital advertising
• A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university
• Proficient knowledge of GAAP and related financial reporting requirements and standards
• 10+ years of senior level financial and management experience
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• Advanced MS Office skills
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.