VP, Digital Marketing
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
VP, Digital Marketing (Urban Music)
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
VP, Digital Marketing (Urban Music)
Warner Records is looking for a visionary digital marketing leader with a deep knowledge of Hip Hop and R&B culture to join the digital marketing as VP of Digital Marketing, Urban Music.
The VP of Digital Marketing, Urban Music will oversee all digital marketing campaigns for Warner Records's Urban roster. The position will oversee a team of digital strategists and influencer marketers responsible for developing campaigns that create cultural conversation, build artist social followings, and drive music consumption. This highly-visible position will work closely with all departments to bring best-in-class campaigns to life.
Here you'll get to:
• Oversee the development and execution of innovative digital marketing campaigns for all urban music artists at Warner Records.
• Lead a team of 7-8 digital marketers. Mentor and develop team members to ensure team excellence.
• Spearhead all aspects of artists' digital/social campaigns digital including social/short-form content development, audience development, influencer marketing, content seeding, social/digital partner activations, paid media, CRM, website development, etc.
• Partner with internal creatives and external creators to develop high-performing short-form content for WR artists.
• Collaborate with internal teams including Commercial Revenue, Marketing, Brand Partnerships, Creative and Publicity, to build cohesive cross-platform campaigns.
• Partner closely with artists and management to develop data-driven campaigns that move at the speed of culture. Advise on best practices related to all aspects of digital marketing.
• Continuously innovate and find new ways of bringing artists' vision and narrative to life in the digital space.
• Establish KPIs / goals for each campaign. Monitor campaigns in real-time, making recommendations for continuous improvement. Create post-mortem analyses to quantify the impact of each campaign and measure effectiveness of each tactic.
• Ensure all timelines, budgets, and business goals are achieved.
• Lead and contribute to department brainstorm sessions.
• Represent department in cross-company meetings across WMG.
• Build and maintain relationships with social media platform representatives and conduct regular update meetings.
• Must have 7-10 years of experience in digital marketing within the music industry, preferably at a major label.
• Strong analytical background and ability to develop reports.
• Expert knowledge of all current social media and digital platforms, and a proven track record of amplifying content, driving consumer engagement, and breaking artists on social media.
• Ability to lead cross-functional teams (strong project management, organization, and communication skills)
• Excellent communication skills are a must.
• Social strategy and paid media planning experience
• Candidate must be motivated, creative, innovative, organized, detail-oriented and accustomed to working under tight deadlines.
We'd love it if you also had:
• Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
Copyright © 2022 Warner Music Inc.