VP, Corp Control Champion Lead
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
VP, Corporate Control Champion Lead
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Music Group Control Champion Team's objective is to provide high quality
SOX and control compliance support for each of our respective labels and affiliates across the globe. Our work includes SOX and non-SOX control compliance support, in addition to proactively being involved in other major strategic initiatives for the business including major system implementations, process changes and acquisitions. We strive to be valuable business partners that provide meaningful insight and support to assist our finance teams. We work closely with both the WMG Internal Audit function and our external auditors to ensure close coordination and alignment on control compliance initiatives and approach to mitigating risk across our business. Our success is measured by the amount of internal control improvement, risk mitigation and overall positive change that we drive across the organization. We are looking for progressive, creative thinkers to help us on our journey.
Why this could be your next big break:
You will report directly to the SVP, Assistant Controller and interface with members of senior management all over the world. You will be responsible for leading the Global Control Champion team and overseeing the team's day-to-day including planning, execution, and reporting deliverables that drive results, accountability, and the perception of real value to our business leaders. This role is New York based with four direct reports that are located in each of our four key regions (EMEA, APAC, North America and Latin America).
Here you'll get to:
• Lead the Global Control Champion Team, managing four direct reports that are located in each of our four key regions across the globe.
• Be the Corporate lead to support various control and process initiatives at the Corporate level, including SOX 404 requirements for complex transaction, M&A activity, system integrations, etc, partnering closely with WMG Corporate Finance.
• Develop the Annual Control Project Plan in collaboration with members of management, including the VP, Assistant Controller and WMG Internal Audit to actively measure team performance with a reprioritization of goals/initiatives based on latest projects and business changes.
• Deliver training, provide police updates/guidance and other control compliance resources to support our global finance community with a focus on continuing to strengthen the Company's global control environment.
• Provide meaningful insights and recommendations to business partners in order to enhance process and control compliance.
• Coordinate closely with the WMG Internal Audit function and external auditors to ensure an aligned approach on annual control compliance support initiatives, control remediation and approach to mitigate risk across our business.
• Stay current on emerging risks applicable to the Company and the broader environment and apply this perspective to strengthen the Company's risk management position.
• Directly participate in the WMG's finance transformation initiative with a focus on approaches to mitigate risk and control design as a new system is rolled out globally.
• Establish and maintain excellent relationships within the team and across the business.
• Provide creative input that will drive greater efficiency and value to the audit process.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Exhibit strong leadership skills with history of supporting and advising senior management of issues related to risk and control.
• Demonstrate exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, able to quickly grasp the Company's operations and business drivers – with high change agility to respond to changes in the business.
• Exhibit a strong understanding of GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley, financial controls, IT controls and leading business practices.
• Demonstrate the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects and resources simultaneously.
• Demonstrated ability to develop a high-performance team, engage and mentor them.
• Exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments as they are identified and to assist with various ad hoc projects as needed.
• Prove an ability to work both independently while managing a team, shifting between the role of a leader and individual contributor.
• Maintain a high standard of ethics and professionalism.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Minimum 12+ years of relevant accounting experience, including internal controls and Sarbanes Oxley compliance
• Public accounting experience required
• CPA license required
• Previous multinational public company control compliance experience, internal audit experience or business operational role in finance a plus
Job Posting Range
$155,000 - $235,000
Job Posting Ranges are included for NYC based and 100% remote roles where talent can be located in NYC. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
Copyright © 2022 Warner Music Inc.