VP, Content Insights
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
VP, Content Insights
Why this could be your next big break:
Data is the lifeblood of today's record business, and in this role, you'll get the chance to apply your creativity and problem-solving skills to some massive amounts of data to help our labels and artists connect with streaming fans. Because the R A team works closely with labels partners, you will have the opportunity to see the inner workings and decision-making of an international record label – and the chance to influence those decisions with analysis. We're a collaborative team that loves learning new things, sharing ideas, thinking about the future of the music industry – and helping our company get there.
Here you'll get to:
• Identify and communicate where WMG content is performing across platforms and territories, how it is trending within the digital space, and why our fans are gravitating towards it
• Work with label A&R teams and with SodaTone – WMG's proprietary service for predicative modeling – to identify artists, songs and catalog with hit potential or viable ROI
• Produce insights on release strategy and promotion to help guide both creative and marketing decisions
• Prepare reports on the performance of WMG content at services like Apple Music, Spotify and YouTube
• Field requests from global label partners around release performance and catalog consumption
• Develop new reports and metrics with available data sets in partnership with IT, account management, label partners and commercial/marketing teams
• Manage WEA's data science initiatives with various internal and external partners
• Mange the day-to-day responsibilities of the Content Insights analyst and coordinator
• Liaise with the DataLab to improve Tableau dashboards and other visualization tools
• Handle various ad hoc requests and projects
• Frequently partners with the wider R A team, IT, and data teams on strategic requests for senior leadership
Rockstar candidates will possess:
• College or University Degree, with a focus on Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or Computer Science preferred
• Extensive familiarity with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word) and Tableau.
• Experience using SQL and similar data mining toolsets
• Results oriented mind-set with strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively (orally and in writing)
• Strong organizational skills with ability to work on multiple projects
• 8 years of experience
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Prior experience in predictive modeling, machine learning and/or statistics
• Proficiency in a second language
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
A little bit about our team:
The Research Analysis department works to influence WMG's strategy and optimize day-to-day operations through data and insights. This position sits within the NYC-based global team, working with label partners to identify where, how, and why our content is performing across key digital platforms. R A works with WEA Account Management, local affiliates/labels, international teams, and Business Development to understand the trends and dynamics driving major streaming services. Our goal for this role is to serve as a gatekeeper between data and A&R, by helping to establish predicative measures and best practices for breaking hits and sustaining catalog repertoire in the streaming space.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.