VP, Branded Content
Warner Music GroupCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
VP, Branded Content
Why this could be your next big break:
The VP, Branded Content at UPROXX is a key leadership position that will directly report to the Head of Studio. This role will contribute to UPROXX's overall content strategy and work cross-functionally to develop and deliver the highest quality content programs to reach and serve both our audience and brand partners. You will be responsible for the oversight of productions from presales, through execution to delivery. The ideal candidate will bring a deep understand of digital production and distribution.
Here you'll get to:
• Report to the Head of the Studio and align with key internal stakeholders in the development and execution of branded content, original programming and event strategies based on client goals, budget and company priorities
• Serve as key member of the leadership team cultivating cross-functional relationships providing insight and direction around content strategy and cross platform business development and content management
• Understand industry trends and identify external opportunities and key challenges the organization faces around programming and production, and work with leadership team and staff to define and execute appropriate strategies
• Provide leadership on departmental and operational activities including annual planning, budgeting, data collection, analysis, and more
• Provide oversight on the integration, alignment and review of best practices of digital production workflows, including policies and protocols throughout the organization
• Work with in house production staff to create top-level bids during the pitch stage to ensure programs can fit within RFP budget parameters while maintaining profitability
• Provide oversight and direction for budgets, schedules and milestones for productions, working closely with UPROXX's in house and freelance production teams
• Cultivate, foster, and maintain positive relationships with a growing roster of talented producers, directors, DPs and other crew members
• Develop and promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement and a commitment to quality
• Actively model and implement the culture values of the organization, holding self and others accountable to high quality performance, continuous improvement and a commitment to quality
• Act as a conduit between production team and Head of Studio, providing updates and elevating situations if necessary
• Communicate with sales/account management/strategy teams from pitch through execution to ensure programs are being properly represented and that client needs are being met while being mindful of program deliverables
Rockstar candidates will have the following:
• You have min 10 years proven branded content development and execution
• You have impeccable project management skills with proven ability to lead teams via innovative thinking and clear communication
• You have excellent client facing skills and presentation ability
• A proven track record of delivering success and revenue growth via branded content
• You are a master of content production and the inherent challenges therein. You put out a fire and move onto the next.
• You have skills in Adobe Photoshop, Keynote, Google Slides and PowerPoint
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Previous success in growing audiences on social platforms (YT and IG specifically) through strategic content programming
• College Degree preferred
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
A little bit about our team:
UPROXX, a Warner Music Group Company, is one of the largest youth culture brands in the world. Through proprietary technology, journalists and our award-winning video content studio, we help brands connect to the digital generation. We inform, entertain and inspire our audience through the passion points they care about: Sports, News, Culture, Entertainment, Music and Lifestyle. The UPROXX Studio team collaborates with our partners to create the most engaging and sharable content in the digital space.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.