Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about HipHopDX:
For over 21 years, HipHopDX has been at the forefront of Hip Hop culture, reaching over 3.2 million readers and 5 million followers per month. As one of the longest-standing Hip Hop digital publications, DX not only stays current on Hip Hop culture, but continues to influence it, encourage it, and simultaneously reflect on its past. Our insightful, honest editorials, unbiased reviews, premier audio and video sections, and original video content, draws one of the most loyal followings online. As a part of Warner Music Group, HipHopDX is expanding internationally and continues to build upon the reputation it has garnered from decades of work.
About the opportunity with HipHopDX:
Our Voice-Over Talent is tasked with creating a connection between our brand and our audience through scripted video content. Whether it's through YouTube, or Social Media you're the voice the DX fan will connect with. You are responsible for reading and potentially editing a script, assembling recorded material into a finished product, and ensuring that your voice sounds authentic, exciting and enhances our story telling from beginning to end. Making sure it's always aligned with our mission, content strategy, and is suitable for broadcasting. You will have the opportunity to connect with hundreds of thousands of people on a daily basis to inform, entertain and inspire.
We value hard work, integrity, and agility, and we love to reward individuals who show initiative and work well within our team. Come join our team at HipHopDX and impact Hip Hop culture!
Here you'll get to:
• Read multiple daily scripts about the most important Hip Hop news stories (1-5 minutes each in length).
• Read long-form video scripts on a weekly basis (10-15 minutes).
• Create a compelling flow of information using multiple tones while portraying emotion through vocal inflection.
• Tell captivating stories based on scripts and use creative discretion to add in lines, tidbits of information, jokes and takes when appropriate.
• Manage assigned project workflow and deadlines.
• Work collaboratively with video managers, script writers and video editors.
• Check in with the supervisor every morning to review projects for the day.
• Edit voice-over into a concise piece and send to video editors to implement into the final products.
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, and take creative direction from multiple stakeholders.
• Be flexible with last-minute adjustments or changes to a script and ability to implement feedback appropriately.
• 2 years of voice experience, related radio, audio or video content (short film narration, podcasting, YouTube video creation, social media work etc.).
• Understanding of Hip Hop music and culture.
• Staying up to date on Hip Hop news and having a passion for the culture.
• Ability to work under time constraints and deadlines.
• Possess a strong work ethic, and positive attitude, with an ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously on short timelines.
• Excellent communication skills are required to have a solid understanding of project scope.
• Excellent organization skills and the ability to manage time effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Experience working with YouTube.
• Understanding basic principles of video editing.
• Access to audio recording equipment and software.
• High degree of organization, creativity, self-motivation, and drive.
• Experience with Google Drive and G Suite.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.