Vice President, Esg
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Vice President, ESG
A little bit about our team:
The VP of ESG will lead the coordination and integration of ESG across Warner Music Group working closely with line of business leaders, the labels, and other functional leaders across the organization. The role will be the operational leader of WMG's ESG function, heading up the execution of ESG processes and programs, including reporting and data management. The individual will need to be both comfortable reporting up to the c-suite level and also effective at managing operational performance improvement across a decentralized organization.
WMG has established an ESG roadmap, developed with input from a robust list of internal and external stakeholders. ESG is led by an ESG committee composed of senior-level executives. A key outcome of the ESG roadmap has been the creation of this position which will lead and coordinate the advancement of ESG systems, processes and programs across WMG. The VP will be responsible for advancing the ESG roadmap and coordinating progress against the deliverables, which span a wide ESG issue area spectrum. The VP will sit at the corporate center and report to executive leadership. However, they will be responsible for working cross-functionally to execute ESG and will therefore need to have deep ESG subject matter expertise, as well as top level project management skills. Candidates will need to be comfortable motivating and collaborating with team members that fall outside of their reporting line and for being WMG's top evangelizer for ESG as a business imperative. The VP will need to manage multiple priorities across a matrix and use their expertise and leadership acumen to guide WMG through this journey.
Please note: This position is based in our NY office and will require working in the office at least 3 days a week and may change depending on business needs.
Here you'll get to:
• Be the lead coordinator and integrator of operational ESG advancement across the organization with a global orientation
• Lead the development of measurable ESG goals
• Collaborate with internal teams and facilitate annual ESG report development
• Coordinate data collection efforts that drive goals that are in keeping with best practices for the industry
• Coordinate the ESG stakeholder engagement approach. This includes representing the company with key external stakeholders
• Collaborate and coordinate closely with the leaders of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion and social impact to integrate with the overall approach to ESG
• Collaborate and coordinate closely with Legal, Investor Relations and other stakeholders around staying on top of key ESG ratings and rankings focused on board governance and other topics raised by shareholders and other stakeholders
• Collaborate and coordinate closely with Facilities Management, Supply Chain, Operations and other relevant stakeholders to advance on environment (e.g., greenhouse gas management, waste and water) and responsible supply chain goals
• Support incorporation of ESG considerations into the wider business strategy
• Educate internal and external stakeholders on the business case and impact of ESG
• Stay abreast on leading ESG reporting frameworks and standards and advise WMG leadership on key action steps
• Direct third-party consultants and vendors as needed
• Monitor ESG benchmarking, reporting to WMG executives on how the organization is performing as compared to its competitors and others
• Assess trends, emerging issues and serve as internal and external thought leader and subject matter expert to establish and maximize leadership and other opportunities
• Have 10+ years experience in ESG management experience at a Fortune 1000 company ideally in house but also in ESG advisory roles
• Have a proven ability to lead small teams and achieve measurable ESG progress across different functional units and reporting lines
• Distill essential information from complex concepts and effectively communicate important points to busy audiences.
• Have an entrepreneurial spirit, be commercially minded, and get excited by the thought of building ESG from the ground up.
• Be a strategic leader with an ability to inspire and influence others to adopt and drive forward the ESG strategy across a very decentralized organization
• Possess superb project management skills, being adept at managing multiple projects and deadlines in collaboration with cross-functional teams
• Experience with reporting standards and frameworks such as CDP, GRI, TCFD, SBTi and UNGC.
• Familiar with ESG assessments and ratings such as CDP and CDP Supply Chain, DJSI, Ecovadis, MSCI, ISS, Sustainalytics, etc
• Identify gaps/blind spots or coming ESG trends/requirements and identify the best approach for WMG
• Be a consistent curator of ESG data and messaging to ensure ''one source of the truth'' and consistency on ESG narrative and results, aligning with the overall strategy, values and principles of WMG
• Manage ESG-related projects on an as needed basis to support the business, to respond to key market-related events
• Work closely with contractors and vendor teams (such as any external technology needed to execute ESG priorities) to negotiate rates, ensure accurate deliverables, and maintain strategic partnerships.
We'd love it if you also had:
• Experience in the music, digital entertainment industry or tech industry
• Experience working with artists and their teams.
• Experience working in ESG for a company with a global orientation
• Experience developing and integrating progressive, scaled business strategies
• Experience in executive presence and self-management ability.
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording