Us Digital Account Manager, Hip Hop & R&B
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
US Digital Account Manager, Hip Hop & R&B
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG's Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville. WMG's music publishing arm, Warner Chappell Music, has a catalog of more than 1.4 million musical compositions spanning every musical genre, from the standards of the Great American Songbook to the biggest hits of the 21st century. Warner Music Group is also home to WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic), the pioneering distribution and marketing network, and ADA, the independent artist and label services company, as well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after US Catalog team.
Why this could be your next big break:
Reporting to the Vice President of Digital Account Strategy and as a member of the Rhino US / US Commerce team, this Digital Account Manager position will be responsible for Warner Music Group's Hip-Hop and R&B catalog campaigns and revenue management for commercial partners in the US. This position will also be responsible for leading strategy and building relationships with new and developing accounts.
Here you'll get to:
• Increase revenue and drive marketing initiatives for WMG's Hip-Hop and R&B catalog repertoire at all digital accounts with emphasis on material from the last 3 decades and the top revenue-generating accounts.
• Develop strong professional relationships with Hip-Hop and R&B programmers at the DSPs.
• Develop strategy and strong professional relationships with new and developing accounts.
• Assist in day-to-day digital account management tasks including priority submissions and communicating results to the label teams.
• Work closely with the rest of the US Commerce team and WEA to maximize all opportunities and share best practices.
• Identify and act on account-owned playlisting opportunities for our priorities.
• Coordinate with marketing / creative leads and artist managers to ensure commercial messaging and goals are weaved throughout our overall marketing plans including artist and label social media.
• Will consistently and collaboratively relay these plans back to WEA and accounts.
• Prepare marketing updates and participate in regular account calls and communications in conjunction with the US Commerce team and WEA account managers.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Must be able to make new and strong relationships with programmers; the ideal candidate already has established contacts.
• Must have strong knowledge of the streaming market and experience working with the major accounts.
• Minimum of three years' experience in the music business.
• Must have an 'any means necessary' approach.
• When opportunity strikes, must be flexible and able to execute immediately.
• Must be consistently positive, up-beat and solution-oriented.
• Must be able to 'hold their own' in conversations with well-established artists, managers, and executives and be comfortable presenting.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of the Hip-Hop and R&B artistic communities; the ideal candidate already has contacts within these communities.
• In accordance with corporately accepted and approved safety measures, must be willing to travel frequently, sometimes with short notice.
• In accordance with corporately accepted and approved safety measures, must be willing to host and attend events, sometimes after traditional business hours.
• Must be a proactive leader and self-starter.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of Warner Music Group catalog on an album and song level.
• Must have a thorough and working knowledge of Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, Amazon Music Unlimited, YouTube, and be able to 'dive-in' to new and emerging hardware and platforms.
• Must be skilled in Excel.
• Must have great interpersonal skills.
• Must have great oral and written communication skills.
• Must have great organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities.
• Must be able to grasp job fundamentals quickly and anticipate supervisor's needs.
• Must be a team player.
• Thorough understanding of various social media platform ecosystems (Tik Tok, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, etc.)
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be reliable, punctual and when necessary work long hours.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Passion for and superior knowledge of Hip Hop and R&B music from the '90s, 00's and 10's.
• Knowledge of Spotify Analytics, iTunes Connect, Tableau, Opus, Qubole, and Nielsen Music Connect.
• Adept with Powerpoint
• Bachelor's Degree
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.