Temp, Deal Entry Specialist
Warner Music GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Temp, Deal Entry Specialist
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Global Data Operations team at Warner Music Group.
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music Group's Global Data Operations (''GDO'') oversees the collection, processing, visualization and strategy for data throughout the company. GDO's scope includes product metadata, digital and physical revenue recognition, consumer, legal and rights data, as well as other key information sources that are critical to the effective operation of the organization. Establishing proper governance, procedures, and systems to handle the exponentially increasing volumes and sources of this data are the most significant technical and operational challenges faced by the music industry in the coming decade. By bringing together a diverse team of individuals with decades of experience in various aspects of the technology and media industries, GDO is uniquely positioned to address these challenges and empower WMG with the business knowledge it needs to support a highly strategic enterprise model.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Deal Entry Specialist will play a critical role in ensuring the accuracy of our data for our labels' recording, merchandise, distribution and licensing agreements upon which all of our departments rely. You'll work directly with Business Affairs and the GDO to clarify key terms and help answer questions from all levels around the company.
Here you'll get to:
• Key all pertinent the data in the new rights administration database which will flow into several downstream systems.
• Interface directly with the attorneys to obtain clarification of contract language and business practices.
• Submit deals to Business and Legal Affairs for review which includes making any necessary changes and resubmitting for approval.
• You will bring a sense of urgency and excitement to the role.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• 3-5 years' experience in contract administration or rights management preferred.
• Firsthand experience interpreting and summarizing various types of entertainment contracts including recording, license agreements, fan club, merchandise and 360 deals.
• Demonstrate multitasking abilities without getting easily ruffled when priorities shift.
• Strong interpersonal skills and entertainment industry knowledge.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A passion for the intersection of music, business law, and technology.
• Familiar with the recorded music and music publishing industries as well as related legal issues.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.