Temp, Communications & PR Assistant
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Temp, Communication & PR Assistant
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music Group's Communications and Marketing team is responsible for the company's internal and external brand and reputation. We manage press inquiries, write announcements, prep executives for speeches, manage the company's social media accounts, host events, create advertising, and much more. We are a small but mighty team who shares a passion for music and the artists and songwriters we support.
Why this could be your next big break:
We are seeking a detail-oriented music enthusiast to join the team as an administrative assistant.
Candidates should be ambitious and goal-oriented. In this role you will be expected to monitor press coverage, participate in marketing brainstorm sessions, answer phones, and schedule meetings. Excellent writing skills, knowledge of social media, and administrative experience are desired. The successful candidate will report into the VP, Communications & Marketing.
Here you'll get to:
• Field phone calls for senior leaders of the Corporate Communications & Marketing team
• Manage calendars, schedule meetings and book conference rooms
• Monitor and track press coverage both online and via social media
• Update and maintain press lists, bios and other press materials
• Conduct research for various communications projects
• Through Canva and PPT templates, create graphics to be used for social media, reporting and internal memos
• Organize department shared drive, files and magazines
• Process invoices and expenses
• Assist with internal events set up
• Prepare and distribute press releases and internal memos
• Other administrative duties
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Extensive attention to detail
• Ability to multitask, be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Adept at social media
• 2+ years of prior experience in an administrative role or at a PR agency
• Bachelor's Degree or near completion of Bachelor's Degree
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG. Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.