Technical Product Manager
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Technical Product Manager
Title: Technical Product Manager
A little bit about our team:
Dedicated IT Resource to support ADA – Technical Product Manager
Here you'll get to:
• Generate, distill and then steward project roadmaps of various lengths with input from the delivery team, stakeholders, and executives
• Develop detailed project artifacts that are actionable by the technology teams
• Drive collaboration with cross-functional, cross-organization teams in defining project scope, resourcing needs, and delivery schedules, as well as stewarding resolution/mitigation of impediments
• Engage, challenge, and partner with business, design, architecture, engineering, delivery, and support teams in driving overall solution and product success
• Maintain, accrue to, and report on overall project/program metrics including capacity/demand, resource allocations, and program financials
• Weigh relative risks, issues, and barriers to achievement across the program portfolio for effective communication with leadership
• Act as liaison between the ADA/Level business and the global technology teams
• Represent the ADA business for all system implementations, enhancements & migrations
• Facilitate label requests for external feeds & interfaces where applicable or appropriate
• Technical understanding of Level app and related systems and databases
• Advise Level business on possible vendor solutions for technical integrations
• Oversee non-technical aspects of vendor implementation and maintenance process with new and existing vendors
• Oversee all Level 1 support requests for ADA/Level systems
• Manage access to systems
• Coordinate with technology teams to obtain support when systems not functioning or are down
• Assist Level business in diagnosing and triaging issues with Level app
• Assist Level business in creating workflows and protocols for app issues
• Field & support ad-hoc operational requests in support of day-to-day ADA and Level business
• Facilitate the finance month-end close process & generation of related reporting
• Manage cross-functional offshore teams to ensure timely delivery of requirements
• Support ad-hoc Finance requests in support of 3rd party/customer requests to generate transactional level detail
• Ensure ADA and Level system security & compliance with Warner Music Group's overall governance, SOX, and other audit requirements
Rockstar candidates will have:
• At least ten (10+) years of experience in change management and product management
• At least five (5+) years of technology/engineering project management experience, with at least two (2+) years of experience leading technical projects and indirectly leading team members
• At least two (2+) years of experience in building and delivering technology solutions leveraging established methodologies/patterns and full stack software environments
• Working knowledge/proficiency in cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS, serverless patterns, GitOps, CI/CD, SRE, federated/distributed systems)
• Working knowledge of data and analytics patterns and concepts, including data integration, management, governance, and delivery/insights
• Experience utilizing and implementing agile principles and best practices including Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
• Understanding of and/or experience applying traditional project management principles and best practices including requirements gathering, phase gate approval, user acceptance testing, transition to production, etc.
• Demonstratively excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization with technical and non-technical audiences
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Advanced skills in leveraging Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, and Excel, as well as related collaborative tools/platforms
• Knowledge of domain-driven design and design patterns
• The ability to quickly build rapport and gain the respect and cooperation of both technology and business leaders while being incessantly customer-focused
• Ability to work effectively with cross-functional business and technical teams
• Ability to speak and present to high-level executives on status of products as well as get in the weeds with product owners and development team driving day-to-day execution
• Be able to deal with ambiguity and make quality decisions in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
• Experience in one or more of the following domains: recorded music, music publishing media/entertainment, consumer focused interactive solutions, and/or related consulting with demonstrated business acumen and the ability to contextualize and solve business problems
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.