Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Job Title: Technical Lead
A little bit about our team:
Technical Lead is responsible for the estimation, feasibility analysis, technical leadership and oversight in end-to-end delivery of software solutions for business. The role is expected to promote and implement good engineering practices, improve overall architecture and participate in cross-team initiatives. The role is roughly 30-50% hands on and will manage a remote staff of roughly 3-10, depending on the project(s) assigned.
Here you'll get to:
• Makes project commitments and delivers well designed solutions to solve business problems
• Actively contributes to the global standards and technology architecture
• Works well with a variety of leaders across technical functions and in the music business
To fulfill the above:
• Provides feasibility analysis, rough order of magnitude (ROM), and/or detailed project estimates based on deliverables from the product management team
• Works with product management and related stakeholders to set an appropriate level of detail on user stories and other requirements for the development team to be successful
• Facilitates and enables IT commitments on project delivery
• Develops technical designs or prototypes/spikes as needed to fulfill project commitments
• Manages project risk to successfully meet project commitments
• Leads with a continuous improvement mindset
• Hands-on technical depth enables direct oversight, problem-solving leadership and participation for complex software development, and troubleshooting where needed
It would be music to our ears if you had:
• 5 years total experience with at least one year of project leadership responsibility and exposure to a large or complex software development project
• Proven ability to estimate and understand project risk, especially technical risks (performance, stability, etc)
• Holds accountability and is able to hold others accountable for their commitments
• Communicates effectively and builds relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
• Strong understanding of CS fundamentals – data structures, algorithms, software design patterns, database systems, messaging
• Experience with designing robust modern full-stack web solutions – front-end, restful APIs, persistent storage, caching, etc.
• Experience with proven/popular web frameworks in several language stacks
• Experience with proven/popular ORM frameworks in several language stacks
• Experience with CI/CD and devops
• Experience with cloud technologies (preferably AWS)
• Understanding of reactive architecture patterns
• Optional, but would be a plus - working experience with
• big data technologies (Hive, Presto, Redshift, etc)
• Oracle RDBMS or any large COTS platform (SAP, etc)
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.