Summer Intern - Commercial Revenue
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Intern, Commercial Revenue [Summer 2020]
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after COMMERCIAL REVENUE team at WARNER RECORDS.
A little bit about our team:
The Commercial Revenue team works directly with partners and DSPs to ensure the best opportunities for our songs. We work with Apple Music, Spotify, Amazon, Tidal, SoundCloud, YouTube, and several other platforms to obtain playlist placements and various marketing opportunities. On this team, you'll be working directly with account leads to make sure our roll out goes smoothly and that team members are well equipped for release. You will also help organize our release schedule so we are prepared in advance for these releases.
Why this could be your next big break:
In this role, you will work with our team to compile and analyze data for high priority tracks. You will also help to update our department release schedule and ensure all assets are in prior to a new song coming out. This department is close knit and has a lot of fun while getting our work done and helping artist's songs reach their fans. Our unique and extensive roster makes each release a one of a kind experience.
Here you'll get to:
• You will compile and analyze data from several music databases like MusicConnect, SoundScan, SpotOntrack, and various others
• You will provide analysis and feedback to core team members about our records
• You will update our departments weekly release schedule
• You will track releases and note which playlist placements they received
• You will brainstorm ideas for releases and help develop strategies for upcoming records
• You will run daily reports that deep dive into a songs overall performance
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• You have a desire and passion for music
• You have great organizational skills
• You have an acute attention to detail
• You have an interest in working at a label
• You have a good understanding of Microsoft Office and Google Drive
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• You have less than 2 years remaining in college career
• You have previous internship experience at music related companies
• You have a working knowledge of DSPs and their importance to the industry
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.
Our internship experience at WMG:
Warner Music Group is looking for ambitious students and recent graduates with a genuine interest in the music industry and a curiosity to learn about our business. We pride ourselves on providing in-depth, dynamic, and challenging experiences while keeping it fun and having a good time. At Warner, our interns have a voice that is heard and valued. Each day offers a chance to learn a new skill, meet with a different department, and contribute to Warner's global success.
Internships at Warner are paid opportunities designed to provide students with real-world experience working with the most passionate and innovative people in the music industry. Our summer internships will last for 15 weeks and start at the end of May.
You can expect the following application timeline:
December 2019 – Mid-January 2020: Application Review
Mid-January 2020 - March 2020: Interviews
February 2020 - April 2020: Offer stage