Studio Operations Manager
Warner Music GroupCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
A little bit about our team:
• WMX is a first-of-its-kind music culture, media and content business within Warner Music Group. WMX is built on three pillars that set us apart from others in the music and branding space:
• Direct artist access: Warner Music has always championed artists and delivered first-rate services; WMX builds on this by helping artists extend their brands and connect with fans in new ways, while giving the advertising community an opportunity to tap into highly coveted audiences that they can't find anywhere else.
• Owned and operated content with award-winning storytelling: Among our properties are UPROXX, a Gen Z-centric youth culture and music site, Songkick, a concert discovery app that covers the full spectrum of music events, from tours to festivals; HipHopDX, a site for both hip-hop news and discovery; and Cover Nation, a highly engaged audience of cover song artists and fans. In addition, we have an award-winning content studio that has been named Digiday's Best In House Content/Brand Studio of 2021.
• Massive scale: As part of Warner Music's global network, WMX reaches over 249 million monthly unique viewers around the world, and nearly 50 billion monthly global views across platforms.
• WMX is seeking a Studio Operations Manager to join our award-winning content studio. You will play a key role in the day-to-day operations of our in-house and field productions, working in partnership with our creative team, production staff, and freelance production crews.
Why this could be your next big break:
• As the Studio Operations Manager at WMX, you will report directly to the Director of Production and own all studio operations needs. These efforts will directly support our Award-Winning Content Studio in all stages of the creative process.
Here you'll get to:
• Onboard and instruct incoming productions on proper protocol for our soundstage (load-in, strike, etc.)
• Educate production teams on in-house video equipment usage and check-in/check-out (cameras, lighting, audio, etc.)
• Stay up to speed on advancements and changes in video software and hardware technological advancement. Build a Quarterly report to the VP of Production on suggested upgrades/purchases.
• Own and track production inventory, stage/office availability, and production resources
• Regularly interview freelance stagehands and keep a running Rolodex of support crew to hire for larger shoots, coverage, etc
• Build (and maintain once established) our business relationships with local rental houses. Including but not limited to negotiating terms, setting them up as vendors for ease of rentals, and complying with WMX finance payment and legal terms.
• Evaluate and monitor the condition of WMX-owned video/audio equipment ($1mm+ worth of gear) to ensure all is in working order and of the highest quality and recommend upgrades/repairs, as needed
• Responsible for insurance claims related to WMX-owned video/audio equipment.
• Own WMX relationship with FilmLA for Permitting needs. Including but not limited to negotiation, approvals, payments, and owning the relationship with Culver City PD and FD for permit-related inspections.
• Partner with the WMG Facilities team to schedule and oversee vendors for office maintenance, cleaning, and repairs
• Own Monthly budgets and orders for Production Expendables, Equipment repairs, Office Supplies, and Food and Beverage supplies.
• Responsible for distribution of monthly parking passes and mail.
• Own the relationship with visitors including vendors, clients, talent, management teams, etc, and be responsible for the overall 'traffic' in our studio space.
• Responsible for ensuring that all in-house policies are adhered to regarding office, stage, safety, show protocol, guests, and Covid compliance.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Have 1-3 years of production experience such as studio production, remote, and live events, or relevant experience in production resource management
• Experience in stage lighting, pro audio systems, and basic video systems
• In-depth understanding of business and technical functions involved in studio, remote, and live events
• Team player and leader who drives innovation and encourages collaborative relationships
• Comprehensive understanding of linear and digital production processes
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• You are highly organized, creative, and can independently execute priority assignments
• You can seamlessly communicate with various departments and operate in a fast-paced environment
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• College Degree preferred
• Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud and Pro Tools
• Camera, Sound, Lighting, and Grip experience
Salary Posting Range-$64,480-$65,000 Annually -
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next-generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn wi
$64,480.00 - 65,000.00 per year