Sr. Specialist, Ad Operations
Warner Music GroupCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Sr. Specialist, Ad Operations
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after team at Uproxx.
A little bit about our team:
The Sr. Specialist Ad Operations will be a key member in all advertiser-driven campaigns across UPROXX. This individual will be the lead when it comes to trafficking and performing regular maintenance on ad campaigns. They will troubleshoot issues at the forefront of ad serving technology. Collaboration is at the core of this role as this individual will work closely with post sales teams including sales, account management, editorial, the social team, and the YouTube team at WMG. Advertising is one of UPROXX's most important revenue streams, and we've only scratched the surface of what we're capable of. Our success in ad operations rests on a sophisticated technical implementation and a data-driven strategy.
Why this could be your next big break:
As a Sr. Specialist, Ad Operations you are key to business operations, as you will be working closely with all internal departments, third party vendors and partners. This provides a unique experience for you to learn quickly about UPROXX Media, Warner Music Group, and the digital industry at large.
Here you'll get to:
• Be responsible for Campaigns and other assigned duties under the guidance of the Director of Ad Operations.
• Manage all aspects of ad campaign fulfillment from post-sale campaign scheduling, ad testing & implementation through campaign delivery & performance optimizations across partner network.
• Assist the Account Management team with pre-sale RFP completions including inventory estimation and forecasting.
• Conduct daily review of active campaigns. Assess over/under delivery and performance and make any necessary adjustments
• You will get to create custom packages for YouTube based products. This includes forecasting, projecting and working in tandem with the Head of Revenue Operations and the YouTube team at WMG.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Analyze and show off your problem-solving skills
• Work Proficiently in MS Office applications
• Show strong attention to detail and ability to complete large volumes of work efficiently and effectively
• Demonstrate a strong work ethic
• Traffic and/or QA online advertising campaigns for website display, mobile, pre-roll, and retargeting
• Responding to questions about campaign performance; run ad-hoc reports
• Make independent decisions about campaign set ups and make modifications, when needed, to ensure campaigns success
• Contribute to the creation and maintenance of ad operations documentation
• Troubleshoot campaign errors, and resolve campaign delivery and/or performance issues
• Utilize 3rd party ad tags ranging from simple creative setups, including standard desktop display, mobile, and 1x1 tracking, to more intricate creative setups, including but not limited to video, native, and custom creative to accurately traffic and manage media execution across sites and platforms.
• Become the expert on our internal site specs and product offerings.
• Translate marketing requirements into technical solutions and requirements and vice versa.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; marketing, advertising, communications, or computer science emphasis preferred
• 2+ of experience with DFP/Google Ad Manager, as well as experience with other 3rd party ad serving and tracking systems including DCM/DFA, Verification and Brand Safety vendors: MOAT, DoubleVerify (DV), Integral Ad Science (IAS) etc.
• 2-4 years of ad operations or equivalent required
• Business-minded with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Working knowledge of Programmatic operations and strategy a plus.
• Strong analytical skills, with extensive knowledge of Excel.
• Comfortable juggling multiple tasks; ability to prioritize responsibilities; excellent time management.
• Self-sufficient problem solver.
• Enjoy working in a collaborative team environment, thrives in an extremely fast-paced, detail and deadline-oriented environment.
• Experience with YouTube Cross-Sell product
• Experience with Data Management Platforms (Salesforce DMP, Adobe Audience Manager) and Order Management Systems (Boostr, Operative One)
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.