Sr. Manager, Merchandise
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/4/2022 6:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Music Category
Browse the Sales Category
Search for Sr. Manager, Merchandise jobs in New York-NY
Search all Sr. Manager, Merchandise postings
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Music Artist & Fan Experiences Group functions as a centralized, in-house creative agency for the Warner Recorded Music roster as well as for third party artists who need our expertise. This team is responsible for the development of programs to grow 1) fan engagement across digital, social, gaming and emerging platforms, cultural resonance, and 3) revenue and market share for artists. This happens through merchandising, ticketing, subscriptions, content, collaborations, and more. Turning label and artist goals into ''must-have'' experiences for fans.
Warner Music Artist & Fan Experiences is a global team with a simple ethos: put the Artist at the center. Our team is made up of marketers, strategists, graphic designers, and engineers. We are creative and detail-obsessed. Above all, we are music fans - unabashed, enthusiastic music fans. We are passionate champions of our artists, and we work tirelessly to deliver for them every album cycle, every tour, every day.
We are flexible, agile and strategic. Our global sales and marketing teams provide a broad suite of expert commercial and marketing knowledge. We utilize the latest digital marketing technology, develop infrastructure and execute strategy through consumer analytics, email marketing and CRM expertise that turns the artist goals into memorable experiences for fans.
Through creative innovation and vision, the Sr. Manager, Merchandise works directly with the artist to help them develop as Brand. It is an artist services role focusing on product development, inspired by music and style trends, and centered on artist rights. As point person, the Sr. Manager, Merchandise is the primary source of information and inspiration supported by the art, production, sourcing and product development teams. The expectation is that this individual will create products and experiences that generate incremental revenue throughout the entire lifecycle of an artist's projects.
Here you'll get to:
• Oversee, and develop merchandising, and VIP experience campaigns for artists in order to drive revenue and maximize fan engagement
Foster close, positive relationships with artist and artist management
• Obtain art and product approvals
• Work closely with key department personnel to strategize and coordinate short and long range product releases for tour, retail brand licensing and e-commerce distribution
• Work with key persons to plan, develop and implement merchandise marketing initiatives
• Assist in the creation and submission of retail solicitation of merchandise offerings for sales staff.
• Create fan-focused products that create intimacy between fan and artist
• Bring product ideas to fruition from conceptualization to market placement in coordination with production, sourcing and art departments
• Loves music and understands the ''fan'' mentality
• Strategic thinker, and creative marketer
• Strong leadership skills, problem-solving skills, & project management skills.
• Must be an effective communicator that can convey information efficiently.
• Must understand consumer demographics as they relate to each artist property
• Excellent time management, follow-up skills, organizational skills with ability to prioritize workload, and strong attention to detail.
• Self-motivated, able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
• Great Communication Skills with multiple levels of management and cross departmental
We'd love it if you also had:
• Ideal candidate will have minimum of 3+ years' experience in the music industry (experience working directly with artist managers, booking agencies, and promoters in a Fan Services field is preferred)
• Must have ability to occasionally work weekends and holidays
• Experience with web-based software applications
• Excellent MS Office Skills – Proficient in Excel
• College Degree preferred
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear