Sr. Manager, Marketing
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/16/2021 9:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Sr. Manager, Marketing jobs in New York-NY
Search all Sr. Manager, Marketing postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sr. Manager, Marketing?
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Sr. Manager, Marketing
A little bit about our team:
Founded in 1964, Nonesuch Records has a truly eclectic roster, releasing music in genres including classical, contemporary composition, jazz, americana, indie, alternative, and music theater. Over the last three decades, Nonesuch has worked with a diverse array of artists such as John Adams, The Black Keys, David Byrne, Rhiannon Giddens, Emmylou Harris, Kronos Quartet, Brad Mehldau, Randy Newman, Punch Brothers, Joshua Redman, Steve Reich, Chris Thile, Vagabon, among many others.
Why this could be your next big break:
We are looking for a candidate with a knowledge and passion for the eclectic nature of our music which eschews the current trends and holds true to our core history of artists and releases that range from Contemporary Classical to Jazz to Alternative and Americana and everything in between. Our candidate will be looking to join a unique label environment which is a small team of people who work very closely to present the artistic vision of our roster. This person will have knowledge of the current state of the music business and its evolution and will be able to balance the goals of moving our artists and label into the next phase of the business while being certain to honor our label's rich legacy.
Here you'll get to:
• Be responsible for strategic planning and implementation of all marketing initiatives and campaigns for assigned artists.
• Liaise with artist management on a regular basis to strategize, address artist concerns, procure marketing approvals and capitalize on viable opportunities
• Run digital ad campaigns, including working with the SVP on creating the budget and targets; and working to get all assets created, and then monitor the success and update and adjust as necessary.
• Assist in creating materials for the WEA sales staff and independent retailers, as well as coordinating mailings to everyone.
• Monitor and evaluate the overall progress of our artists and their projects and disseminate information to the various departments and management.
• Create and maintain weekly artist one sheets.
• Work closely with the WEA staff to help build our visibility at physical retail, in particular independent record stores.
• Be creative and driven
• Know the history and catalogue of Nonesuch and have a passion for the diverse genres of music that we work with.
• Feel confident speaking with artists and managers.
• Be a self-starter but also not afraid to ask questions
• Be willing to do the research on ideas as to how to market and promote our artists as well as how we can move our business forward.
• They should feel confident in speaking about their ideas and taking the lead on things.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A knowledge and appreciation of Classical music and Jazz.
• A knowledge base and creativity about streaming strategy.
• Experience working with music retail.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.