Sr. Manager / Director - People Team Consultant
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere. Our people and culture are at the epicenter of our company, and we are looking for team members who share our service-oriented mindset and have a passion for looking after our songwriters.
As the global music publishing arm of Warner Music Group (WMG), we're a collective band of music lovers, innovative connectors, and relentless supporters of our songwriters and catalog of iconic works. We lead with curiosity, collaborate across departments, borders, languages, and genres, and we're committed to delivering on the promises we make to each other and to our songwriters.
Sr. Manager/Director – People Team Consultant (maternity leave cover)
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Chappell People Team doesn't just focus on what we do, but rather how we do it. We are a high touch team that goes above and beyond to deliver the best to our employees, enabling them with the resources needed to do their job in the most effective way. We believe in the power of transparency and trust with our employees and leaders. The Warner Chappell People Team, spanning over US, UK and Asia provides strategic support to the publishing division at Warner Music Group. We provide day-to-day coaching on employee development, experience and performance. In addition, we are responsible for delivering the people strategy which includes D&I, development, wellness and flexibility.
The People Team Sr. Manager or Director will act as a hands-on thought partner for business leaders on all matters regarding People and will provide day-to-day counsel and coaching on employee relations issues, organizational development and design, performance management, talent development, and compliance. This individual will act as liaison to centralized HR functional areas such as compensation, benefits and talent acquisition. The People Team Sr. Manager/ Director will also be a contributor and project manager on various People initiatives.
Here you'll get to:
• Take a leadership role in driving culture transformation within your supported client groups.
• Act as a key influencer in driving change.
• Provide coaching to leaders on matters concerning performance development, employee relations and compliance.
• Work with the People Team Leader on creating, implementing, and facilitating training initiatives for employees.
• Partner with key stakeholders across WMG, including team members from the People Team, Global Workplace Experience, and Global Technology to create a positive employee experience.
• Establish and keep strong, positive, consultative relationships by working closely with business leaders and other employees.
• Work with Talent Acquisition to translate hiring needs, and ensure effective filling of entry level, professional and technical job openings.
• Lead discussion with department heads on high potential talent and develop plans for deepening employee engagement.
• Support annual merit and bonus process.
• Work with the SVP People and the Warner Chappell People team in driving employee performance, morale and efficiency through the effective delivery of day-to-day People services, as well as through the effective roll-out and improvement of formal initiatives.
• Conduct research, contribute to projects and timelines, and participate as a hands-on contributor on teams and committees toward the successful completion of various People Initiatives.
• Coordinate with Compensation on benchmarking and salary analysis for current employees and new hires.
• Respond to all levels of employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints by conducting investigations, and partnering with HR colleagues and internal legal counsel to project manage and resolve issues.
We'd love it if you also had:
• A progressive, creative outlook towards the HR or People function.
• Strong interpersonal, diplomacy, communication, and listening skills.
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
• Ability to present to groups in a confident, engaging and consistent manner.
• Experience conducting employee relations investigations.
• Familiarity working with Workday.
• Curiosity and willingness to explore beyond the day to day.
• 8+ years' experience as an HR generalist or equivalent.
• Strong project management skills.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products; specifically, Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
• Working understanding of employment law and other government compliance regulations.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Formal study in Human Resources, Employment Law, Psychology, Management, Business or a related field is preferred.
• Ability to coach leaders and make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgement that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, government regulation and law.
At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere.
Before the fans and fame, the soundtracks and syncs, there is the song. And before the song comes the songwriter - the heart of an art form that defines generations, and the soul of our business. Songwriters are our inspiration; we are their partners, collaborators, and crusaders.
Songwriters shape culture; and here at WCM we help hone their craft, build their careers, and protect their legacies. We value curiosity, collaboration, and commitment – which helps set us apart and helps us in our commitment and global service to our songwriters.
We are Warner Chappell Music - where songwriters are heard.
About Warner Music Group: As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.