Manager, International Commerce
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
A little bit about our team:
ADA is the world's leading distributor of independent music. We strive to be a valuable partner to our label clients, guiding them to success across the commercial and marketing space, as well as providing a suite of label services from publicity to radio promotion. We work globally to deliver high-impact opportunities, and work to ensure reliable and visible content pipelines around the world. The role will sit within the Commercial Marketing team within Marketing and Services and will work across Internal teams, Labels, and external partners.
Leading the domestic commercial marketing team and tactics while maintaining strategic high-level senior relationships with the key Digital Service Providers and internal account leads. Will proactively identify potential growth and opportunity areas within our revenue stream while helping to provide structure, process, governance to support ADA's strategic commercial marketing efforts.
Here you'll get to:
• Drive commercial and DSP strategy for key ADA projects around the world.
• Work with label partners and internal stakeholders to advise and execute on streaming strategies across key partners (Spotify, Apple, YouTube, Tencent, Deezer, etc).
• Contribute to and work alongside marketing experts using a strong foundation in streaming and data principles to optimize campaigns for ADA artists and label partners.
• Communicate new opportunities and innovations that will affect commerce growth while crafting strategy on how to integrate these opportunities into marketing plans across the roster and implement processes to execute on them with partners.
• Communicate high level strategic success and overall commercial marketing results to internal and external partners for key US rep releases on a regular basis.
• Drive complementary best practices to strategic results and insights from commercial marketing plans to increase consumption and build audience awareness and engagement at DSPs.
• Work with both central and local teams to identify opportunities from around the world.
• Operationalize process of evaluating and communicating data trends in coordination with our team members globally.
• Provide functional guidance and support for our growing commercial team around the world.
• Assemble project analysis/recaps for international releases to maximize consumption.
• Keep up to date with music industry trends to create and execute innovative sales concepts.
• Work with the wider international team and organization to help grow the ADA business around the world
• Subject matter expert in streaming consumption and established relationships with major commercial partners.
• Experience leading a team and creating and maintaining key sales and marketing processes
• A deep understanding of commercial revenue and how it is affected by the digital landscape, including streaming, social media, and user-generated content.
• Experience working directly with artists and labels across multiple genres.
• Organized, creative, and innovative.
We'd love it if you also had:
• College Degree preferred
• Minimum 5+ years ' experience in business operations, sales and marketing experience at music media company, digital partner, or a related digital content industry.
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2022 Warner Music Inc.