Sr. Manager, A&R
Warner Music GroupMiami, FL
Full Time Job
Sr. Manager, A&R (Bilingual)
Sr. Manager, A&R (Bilingual)
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Warner Chappell Music is home to a wide array of legendary songwriters and a rich catalogue of contemporary hits and influential standards. With offices in more than 40 countries, Warner/Chappell provides deep expertise across a range of creative services and the most innovative opportunities for songwriters and copyright holders.
With a history dating back more than 200 years, Warner Chappell Music currently publishes and administers music from Beyoncé, Eric Clapton, Nate Ruess, Gamble & Huff, Green Day, Jay Z, Kacey Musgraves, Katy Perry, Kendrick Lamar, Lady Antebellum, Led Zeppelin, Lukas Graham, Madonna, Radiohead, Rihanna, Stephen Sondheim, Steve Aoki, Pharrell, Twenty One Pilots and Tove Lo, among many others.
Job Title: Sr. Manager, A&R (Bilingual)
A little bit about our team:
Warner Chappell is seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented, experienced Bilingual Sr. Manager to join our A&R team.
Why this could be your next big break:
Under general direction with some latitude for independent judgment and decision is responsible for seeking out songwriters, artists and publishers of music and songs for acquisition of their services for domestic Company use with emphasis on Rock as well as R&B and Pop.
Here you'll get to:
• Seek out and call on artists, songwriters, managers, A&R representatives and attorneys and attempt to sign them or the persons they represent to exclusive publishing agreements with the Company.
• Review new songs and writer/artists and their related materials submitted directly or via other related electronic media for purposes of Company acquisition.
• Coordinate with other publishers, record labels, artists, producers, managers and other users of Warner Music Group copyrights for exploitation of roster and catalog.
• Coordinate with the Company's Legal and Copyright Departments relative to writers' contracts and/or acquisition of new writers and artists.
• Attend concerts, clubs and other performance and showcases (auditions) for new artists, writers and bands.
• Coordinate the activities between the Company writers/artists and outside songwriters or artists for purposes of collaboration on new songs and material for new recording projects.
• Must be English/Spanish fluent - verbal/written
• Must be able to read and understand materials and documents (in English and Spanish) and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
• Must be able to come to work on time without restrictions as to time commitment.
• Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds on a semi-regular basis and perform other diverse physical tasks as needed.
• Must be able to work at and utilize all functions of a computer if necessary up to at least 10 hours a day to perform the required tasks and create and develop the necessary reports to summarize the results of research and projects and to communicate with others in the Company and with those necessary outside of the Company.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Co-supervise administrative one non-supervisory employee.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• High school level education or its equivalent, including and/or augmented by additional course work, preferably at the college level, in music and song acquisition and exploitation, copyright law, management, business administration and related fields.
• One (1) to two (2) years of highly responsible experience, preferably in a music publishing establishment or similar music production company, with emphasis in acquisition of new and exploitation of existing Company product, coordination of activities between Company and outside songwriters.
• A satisfactory equivalent of education, training and experience, in related fields and educational disciplines to qualify for the duties of the position.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their
career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2020 Warner Music Inc.