Sr. Licensing Administrator
Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Publishing team.
Sr. Licensing Administrator, Publishing
A little bit about our team:
The U.S. Shared Services Publishing Licensing Team provides rights assessment and other licensing related administrative services to each of Warner's U.S. record labels, along with those labels and affiliates based outside the U.S. that wish to release records or recordings in the U.S. The Licensing Team is responsible for negotiating and securing mechanical licenses from music publishers and paying those copyright owners the corresponding rates, advances, fees, and other royalties in an accurate and timely manner. The Sr. Licensing Administrator will be reporting to the Sr. Licensing Manager of Frontline labels and work closely with the Licensing Administrators.
Members of the Publishing Licensing Team work closely with Publishing Royalties, A&R Admin, Business & Legal Affairs, Data Operations, Finance, Production, and Marketing & Promotions at each label to fulfill the above-referenced responsibilities.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Sr. Licensing Administrator will have the unique opportunity to work at the most progressive record companies in the music industry. In this role, you will have the opportunity to help develop and maintain business solutions for the Licensing Team, establish relationships with music publishers, and collaborate with various business units at Warner Records and U.S. Shared Services.
Here you'll get to:
• Review production schedules for upcoming releases and assign to team members in order to manage priorities;
• Work with label counterparts to obtain artist recording agreements, album track lists and songwriter credits
• Analyze royalty provisions in Warner's agreements with its recording artists and producers and in other agreements between songwriters and their publishing companies and administrators;
• Respond to inquiries from music publishers and other music publishing rights administrators regarding licensing and clearances;
• Review and approve system entries by team members to ensure the relevant clearances, rate calculations and publisher ownerships are set up accurately in Warner's internal copyright system;
• Assist team members in problem solving;
• Perform any other duties and tasks related to the Department's role and responsibilities that might be assigned by Senior Management Team from time to time;
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• You work well independently and as part of a team;
• You have strong computer skills, including strong data entry and data analysis skills (with an emphasis on accuracy and problem-solving)
• You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• You demonstrate excellent analytical, mathematical and organizational skills and have exceptional attention to detail;
• You have the ability to meet deadlines consistently and effectively while working under pressure and achieve desired results;
• You manage multiple assignments at any given time and prioritize them effectively and appropriately.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Advanced Excel skills and strong proficiency using Microsoft applications.
• Minimum 2+ years' experience working in a position or positions involving the administration of mechanical or other publishing royalties.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.