Sr. Financial Analyst, External Reporting
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/20/2020 5:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Sr. Financial Analyst, External Reporting jobs in New York-NY
Search all Sr. Financial Analyst, External Reporting postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sr. Financial Analyst, External Reporting? Sr. Financial Analyst, External Reporting
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after External Reporting team at WMG.
Job Title: Senior Financial Analyst, External Reporting
A little bit about our team: The Corporate Finance Department at WMG is responsible for overseeing all of the financial operations of the company in partnership with the finance groups within the labels and individual companies within WMG. The department provides financial reporting, accounting, planning, budgeting, and financial compliance for the company.
Here you'll get to:
• Assist in the preparation of the quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements (10-K, 10-Q, 401k, etc.) in accordance with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
• Prepare the quarterly review package for internal management reporting
• Become a superuser of Workvia, the cloud-based platform used to prepare our quarterly and annual financial statements
• Prepare underlying supporting footnote schedules and coordinate with domestic and international affiliates regarding variances comparative to prior reporting periods
• Draft and update specific sections of the 10-K/10-Q
• Work closely with other departments to coordinate and obtain information for specific sections of the 10-K/10-Q
• Assist in review of XBRL tagging of 10-K/10-Q
• Perform a detailed level tie out of our earnings press releases, quarterly and annual filings (10-Q/10-K/8-K)
• Assist in ensuring compliance with all applicable SEC and other reporting regulations
• Coordinate the collection of the quarterly Management Representation Letter with domestic and international affiliates
• Track and prepare responses for regulatory reporting
• Support internal and external audits
• Prepare ad hoc reports via Hyperion Reporting/Smartview
• Assist on special projects as requested
• Entry level knowledge of GAAP/SEC accounting and reporting.
• Superior organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Demonstrates problem solving, decision making, and continuous process improvement skills.
• Demonstrates partnering, influencing, and communication skills up and down the organizational structure to convey key elements in a concise and positive manner.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and as a strategic partner in a team environment.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in accounting.
• CPA or CPA candidate required.
• Big Four public accounting experience preferred.
• Strong computer skills with knowledge of financial systems and software
• Proficient with MS office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
• Knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management is a plus
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.?
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.?
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.