Sr. Director, Publicity
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Sr. Director, Publicity
A little bit about our team:
We provide independent artist and label partners with access to the resources, relationships, and experience required to share their creative vision with a global audience.
ADA's Sr. Director of Publicity is responsible for all outreach and liaising with all print, TV, online and regional media on behalf of our artists and the company.
Why this could be your next big break:
ADA's Sr. Director of Publicity works to formulate and implement national publicity campaigns. This job based in NYC will be responsible for working with a roster of artists from different genres. You will maintain artists profile and overall visibility through coverage in print, TV and online media. You will also be responsible for strategizing with the other creative departments to help break an artist. The job involves you thinking creatively to develop unique and interesting angles for pitching our artists. The Publicity department maintains photos, bios and issues official press releases to the media and company. It also plans and executes special events, as well as interaction and planning with certain industry awards and award shows.
Here you'll get to:
• Develop and execute media campaigns for ADA artists across different genres of music from Urban to Pop to Rock, with specific target lists for each active project, including print, TV, and online targets.
• Develop and execute timelines to roll out media campaigns
• Manage quarterly publicity budgets throughout the course of a campaign
• Responsible for the artists' imaging, including styling and media training
• Play a key role in crisis management
• Coordinate all media for red carpet arrivals, event press, and award shows
• Communicate status of all media outreach regularly to artist management and company management
• Draft, route, and disseminate all bios and press releases
• Organize, plan, and produce special events for artists, including album release parties, platinum/gold certification parties, and artists showcases among others.
• Are action oriented, hard-working and energetic
• Like to write and have excellent verbal and written communication skills externally and internally
• Have strong organizational skills
• Maintain composure under stressful situations
• Have strong relationships with the media and a knowledge and expertise in dealing with the media.
• Are team players and are able to lead media outreach on a project
• Have strategic agility in terms of foreseeing trends and problems before they occur
• Are familiar and able to work across different genres of music
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• 7 years of experience within the music industry and within publicity
• Experience and interest in writing, especially press releases
• Bachelor's degree preferred
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.