Sr. Director, Process Transformation - Rtr
Warner Music GroupRemote, US
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Senior Director Process Transformation - RTR
A little bit about our team:
The Finance Transformation team is a group of professionals across the WMG organization brought together to re-imagine our processes and systems to establish more standardized and efficient ways of working that will drive WMG's growth and business aspirations.
Why this could be your next big break:
The RTR Process Lead holds a global remit and is responsible for defining the future state RTR processes and the measures that are aligned with the org. strategies, country specific knowledge and requirements. This process lead will strive to capture opportunities, reviewing existing and best practice workflow, tools and data. The role moves through design, architect, implementation, go-live and the steady state with an ongoing focus on continuous improvement and integration of finance process into the overall WMG landscape
Here you'll get to:
• Report to global process owner
• Manage 3 direct reports
• Support the transformation team by leading cross-functional and virtual teams in the review, design, development and implementation of global processes and procedures including period-end close, balance sheet reconciliations, reporting (statutory and management), project accounting, fixed assets, tax, treasury and internal controls.
• Lead process meetings with internal SMRs and third party vendors through design, implementation and go-live
• Manage outsourced technical team to conduct testing, defect resolution and ongoing configuration of SAP FI module
• Oversee RTR testing across Fixed Assets, Consolidations (SAP Group Reporting), Account Reconciliations (Blackline), Period End Close (SAP Financial Closing Cockpit), Banking and Projects (SAP PRPS) and interfaces including Payroll
• Work closely with SAP master data management team to ensure master data configuration is consistent with global processes
• Leverage RTR and industry process and systems knowledge/experience to implement standardization of global, regional and/or local processes, challenging the status quo whilst taking input from SMRs and program partners to understand required localizations
• Lead the design, documentation and ongoing socialization of processes.
• Obtain buy-in to the Finance Transformation from key WMG stakeholders across the globe by credibly communicating deep operating process and systems knowledge and an appreciation of the impact at a local level
• Attend and/or present in update meetings as required for key decision/issue/risk points.
• Work with stakeholders to ensure Product / Policy / Process / Procedure / System decisions take account of territory variances and business needs
• Partner with IT to identify integration points between existing systems and processes
• Partner with people and change management resources to develop job aids, communications and training approaches to embed new ways of working and systems training for the RTR area
• Act as a spokesperson across the WMG organization for the benefits delivered by the Finance Transformation
• Represents the RTR Business Process at individual Fit/Gap sessions in markets in order to ensure all business requirements are considered (and documented via User Requirements specification). At the same time ensures that any business needs driving a requirement for customization are strongly challenged and options for process redesign are considered. Where customizations are needed ensures the justification is documented and change progressed via governance model in place.
• Updates relevant RTR documentation based on changes to global template (including SOPs, User Guides, training materials)
• Participates at preparation of the RTR training materials.
• Responsible for the resolution/review of RTR issues, risks and business impacts for the owned process
• Proactively and on on-going basis identifies internal and external RTR best practices that will enable improvement of the standard end-to-end process
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in either Business, Finance, Business Information Systems, Management Science or the appropriate experience may also be considered
• 10+ years' experience focusing on RTR, or related experience
• Strong Finance process and systems knowledge, preferably within a music industry context.
• Facilitative style, with prior experience of leading workshops and engaging stakeholders through a series of approaches that require a targeted level of consensus
• Relevant operational RTR experience overseeing period-end close, balance sheet reconciliations, reporting (statutory and management), project accounting, fixed assets, tax, treasury and internal controls.
• Technically savvy with a robust change management skillset
• Experience of a previous SAP implementation is essential
• Exemplary stakeholder engagement and management skills internationally and within complex, multi-faceted organizations
• Strong analytical skills and ability to perform complex analysis and reconciliations.
• Ability to develop, articulate and build support around a long term vision and implement incremental milestones in supp