Sr. Director, IT Risk Management
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Information Technology Senior Director, Global Risk Management
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Music Group Internal Audit vision is to provide high quality assurance and advisory services in a dynamic, innovative, and impactful way. Our work includes SOX, operational audits, and proactive risk management for the business. The Internal Audit department partners with the business to focus on the most important risks and issues facing the organization and delivers results that will make the biggest positive impact. We strive to be valuable business advisors that provide significant insights and solutions, not just information and recommendations. We continuously look for ways to improve our audit and risk management processes and leverage technology to improve our impact. Our success is measured by the amount of internal control improvement, risk mitigation, and overall positive change that we drive across the organization.
Our department has two pillars: A Global Risk Management pillar, and a traditional audit and SOX pillar. Our work within the Global Risk Management pillar includes risk assessment procedures, assisting in the development of policies and guidance around key risk areas, training and changing how the organization interacts with risk, and review/audit of key risk projects within the organization (e.g., system implementations, process transformations, acquisitions, information security projects, etc.).
We are seeking a dynamic and agile IT Senior Director of Global Risk Management to facilitate the evolution of our services. In this role, you will be from the start of helping to create significant pragmatic guidance for our organization to reduce risk. You will guide our internal and co-source teams in providing advisory review services that evaluate significant and transformational projects to mitigate risk and improve controls, operations, and compliance across our global organization. Your key oversight areas will include system implementation, cyber security, and information technology risk management. The IT Senior Director of Global Risk Management will report to the VP of Global Risk Management at WMG's New York headquarters and play a key role in developing the strategy of the global risk management function, conducting risk assessments, and supporting the delivery and execution of projects on a dynamic plan. This role requires a high caliber individual with extensive risk assessment and IT audit experience in companies of similar size and complexity. The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills, a strong work ethic, and the ability to influence decision making at a senior level.
Here you'll get to:
• Oversee the IT strategy for the centralized global risk management function;
• Perform risk assessment across our organization's information technology landscape and global technology project portfolio;
• Communicate and advise senior executive management of key risks periodically, as identified through risk assessment procedures;
• Identify themes, trends, and emerging risks for escalation and response;
• Collaborate with the business on pragmatic policy and standards development for key risk areas;
• Drive education and awareness of risk across the organization through periodic communication and training;
• Create and be responsible for the dynamic IT Global Risk Management plan, including scheduling, coordinating resources, scoping, and providing oversight from planning through reporting;
• Update the schedule and shift resources as necessary based on changes in priority or senior leadership requests;
• Establish the scope, objectives, and approach for reviews using a risk-based methodology that achieves timely and high-quality results and deliverables;
• Review workpapers, including planning documents and reports, to ensure clear identification of risks, and corresponding issues / gap assessments;
• Communicate findings timely, and collaborate with process owners to develop creative, yet practical, action plans;
• Manage the follow-up and reporting of findings until they are remediated;
• Manage internal audit staff development, training, and career planning;
• Act as a change agent who employs accountability, collaboration and trust while fostering teamwork and execution; and
• Oversee and lead special projects and other tasks as assigned by the Chief Audit Executive or VP of Global Risk Management.
• Demonstrate a proficient understanding of ICFR, GAAP, COSO, risk assessment frameworks, and leading industry / business practices;
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, including listening, verbal, written, and presentation, with the ability to communicate effectively within various levels of the company and executive leadership;
• Communicate complex technology and information security concepts to business and operational leads / executives in a way that is easily understood;
• Deliver exceptional customer service, including the ability to manage potentially contentious interactions and the ability to strike a balance between oversight and getting buy-in / partnering with the business;
• Display strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve complex issues;
• Demonstrate attention to detail, strong organizational skills, tolerance for uncertainty, and ability to be agile and adaptable;
• Exhibit the ability to thrive in a creative, dynamic, fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects and resources effectively;
• Prove your ability to manage teams in a matrixed reporting environment, shifting between the role of an individual contributor, project manager, and thought leader;
• Show your ability to influence, lead, and motivate team members;
• Display a high standard of ethics and professionalism; and
• Travel domestically and internationally up to 20%.
We'd love it if you also