Sr. Director, Finance
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about our team:
The WEA Finance department helps to support the label and artist services businesses throughout the company in addition to managing core financials for WEA.
Why this could be your next big break:
As a member of the WEA Finance team this position will partner with the individual teams within WEA, the labels, corporate, accounting, A/R, A/P, business development, legal, and tax to build, evolve and oversee digital processes that will streamline dataflow for maximum efficiency and effectiveness and ensure timely and accurate reporting of digital and new businesses data.
Here you'll get to:
• Oversee digital financial processes including, monthly financial close, annual budgeting, monthly forecasting and cash forecasting
• Prepare P&L commentary for variance analyses against budgets and forecasts
• Build process models for new digital services and products
• Work with accounting policy team to ensure revenue recognition policy is applied to global digital and new business transactional processing and advance treatments
• Lead cross department and/or affiliate meetings to coordinate operational efforts, resolve high priority issues, and help create common awareness of new deal models
• Maintain strong working relationships and communicate regularly with key stakeholders including Global Corporate Controller, Recorded Music CFO, all Label CFOs and finance staff under each group
• Business owner of key digital reporting systems and applications
• Liaises with IT to align business needs with technology
• Provide support for financial audits and other regulatory compliance needs; implement internal controls and risk management procedures
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present analysis, recommendations, and complex financial concepts to audiences at all levels of the organization
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work on multiple projects under tight time constraints
• Proven business process improvement skills and excellent customer service skills
• Proficient knowledge of GAAP and related financial reporting requirements and standards with an emphasis on revenue recognition policy
• Comfortable building detailed financial models
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• 10-12 years accounting experience with a minimum of 6-8 years of industry-related experience working with digital service providers
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG's Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville. WMG's music publishing arm, Warner Chappell Music, has a catalog of more than 1.4 million musical compositions spanning every musical genre, from the standards of the Great American Songbook to the biggest hits of the 21st century.
Warner Music Group is also home to WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic), the pioneering distribution and marketing network, and ADA (Alternative Distribution Alliance), the independent artist and label services company, as well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.