Sr. Director, Corporate Services
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
A little bit about our team:
The Corporate Finance Department at WMG is responsible for overseeing all of the financial operations of the company in partnership with the finance groups within WMG's Recorded Music Labels, Artist Services and Distribution businesses, and our Publishing affiliates. The department provides financial reporting, accounting, planning, budgeting, and financial compliance for the company.
Why this could be your next big break:
In this role you will lead all forecasting and reporting for Corporate Overhead, as well as communicate results to our CEO, CFO and Global Controller for Finance, HR, Legal, Executive, Corporate Communications, Tax, Treasury, Internal Audit, Facilities, Finance Shared Services, Business Development, Global Technology and Global Data Office.
Here you'll get to:
• Work primarily with senior executives of the corporate and Recorded Music head office departments and will report to the Corporate Controller
• Supervise one direct report (director level) and two senior analysts
• Own the Corporate Services and Recorded Music head office budget which includes both Operating Expenses and Capital Expenses
• Review month-end close process, including analysis of variances and review of accruals, P&L and balance sheet
• Work on bottom up and top down budget development, budget presentation, tracking of actual results versus budget expenses and monthly forecasting
• Track project costs against budget, develop reports for this purpose, meet with senior management to discuss performance against budget and ensure proper coding and approval of project proposals, PO's and invoices
• Review and approve all monthly cash forecasts for special projects and facilities capital expenditures
• Coordinate, collect, and analyze all Global Non-IT Capital expenditures during Budget and Forecast
• Develop and coordinate preparation of cost benefit analysis models for large scale projects, sourcing studies, and RFP evaluations including ROI analysis, cost model analysis, and lease vs. buy analysis
• Ensure all corporate services and Recorded Music Head Office financial processes are in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements
• Ensure capitalization of projects is in accordance with WMG Global Accounting policy
• Coordinate Global Capital Allocation Request process for all material capital spend in coordination with the capital spend governance committee
• Work closely with HR to track and approve all Corporate and Head Office headcount requests
• Report on headcount movements against budget and monthly forecasts
• Review and provide commentary for all board material on an ad hoc basis
Rockstar candidates must have:
• Degree in finance or accounting
• At least 8-10 years of relevant experience
• Actual close, budget to actuals analysis, budgeting and forecasting experience
• Experience reporting to senior leadership
• Strong project management, financial analysis, and executive presence
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively
• People management experience
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• BA Accounting
• Big 4 accounting experience
• Knowledge of Excel, Hyperion and SAP
• Music / Media / Entertainment Industry experience
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.