Sr. Director A&R, Pop / Alternative
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Sr. Director A&R, Pop/Alternative
A little bit about our team:
The A&R Department operates as the primary source of talent scouting and record making within Warner Music Group. It is A&R that allows us to locate and sign new talent and continue making records for currently signed artists.
Why this could be your next big break:
Under general direction with some latitude for independent judgment and decision is responsible for seeking out songwriters, artists and publishers of music and songs for acquisition of their services for domestic Company use with emphasis on Rock as well as R&B and Pop.
Here you'll get to:
• Seeks out and calls on artists, songwriters, managers, A&R representatives and attorneys and attempts to sign them or the persons they represent to exclusive publishing agreements with the Company.
• Reviews new songs and writer/artists and their related materials via cd, internet, dvd or other related media for purposes of Company acquisition.
• Coordinates with other publishers, record labels, artists, producers, managers and other users of Warner Music Group copyrights for exploitation of roster and catalog.
• Coordinates with the Company's Legal and Copyright Departments relative to writers' contracts and/or acquisition of new writers and artists.
• Attends concerts, clubs and other performance and showcases (auditions) for new artists, writers and bands.
• Coordinates the activities between the Company writers/artists and outside songwriters or artists for purposes of collaboration on new songs and material for new recording projects.
• Must be able to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
• Must be able to come to work on time without restrictions as to time commitment.
• Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds on a semi-regular basis and perform other diverse physical tasks as needed.
• Must be able to work at and utilize all functions of a computer if necessary up to at least 10 hours a day to perform the required tasks and create and develop the necessary reports to summarize the results of research and projects and to communicate with others in the Company and with those necessary outside of the Company.
Co-supervises administrative one non-supervisory employee. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
High school level education or its equivalent, including and/or augmented by additional course work, preferably at the college level, in music and song acquisition and exploitation, copyright law, management, business administration and related fields, and,
One (1) to two (2) years of highly responsible experience, preferably in a music publishing establishment or similar music production company, with emphasis in acquisition of new and exploitation of existing Company product, coordination of activities between Company and outside songwriters, or,
A satisfactory equivalent of education, training and experience, in related fields and educational disciplines to qualify for the duties of the position.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.