Sr. Data Analyst
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Sr. Data Analyst
Why this could be your next big break:
The role is ideal for someone passionate about research, data science, innovation, and music. This role will provide the opportunity to learn and contribute in an area crucial to the future success of a dynamic and growing business.
Here you'll get to:
• Analyze the marketplace, customers, streaming platforms, playlisting impact, pricing, and marketing strategies.
• Work with the marketing team to create measurement plans on KPI's, and deliver regular analysis on revenue, user acquisition and brand engagement across social channels - Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
• Act as a storyteller for key stakeholders, translating complex analytical work to derive actionable consumer and market insights and recommendations.
• Conduct regular market research and user testing to determine competitive intelligence best-practices and marketing persona and product development.
• Prepare forecasts at the market or product level and present quarterly business reviews with external and internal partners.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
The rockstar candidate will be a highly organized, motivated self-starter, and communicate effectively on a range of topics in a patient and respectful manner with passionate creative customers. The ideal candidate will also have:
• Advanced Excel skills: ability to handle a large amount of data and experience using macros.
• Hands-on experience with SQL, statistics, and Tableau or other BI and/or data visualization tools.
• Knowledge of digital service providers including Spotify, Apple, Amazon, and Pandora.
• Knowledge of Soundscan, BDS, and Mediabase.
• Excellent scientific reasoning and problem-solving skills.
• Comfortable in public speaking sessions.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
The ideal candidate will be a music enthusiast and have a personal connection to the creator community. Maybe you play an instrument, produce music, write songs, or create through other mediums like photography, video, art, or graphic design. Our group thrives on creativity, experimentation, and passion.
• 3 years of experience, preferably in a technology focused start-up.
• A college degree in Statistics, Economics, or Finance studies.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.
A little bit about our team:
Level, at its core, is a new music distribution platform for independent artists. We function with the journey of an artist in mind. We value their perspective and are dedicated to enabling the future of music. We believe in Empathy, Craftsmanship, Curation and Sensibility to an artist's story. ADA Worldwide strives to provide independent artist and label partners with access to the resources, relationships and experience required to share their creative vision with a global audience. We honor our diverse history and embrace the future with unwavering passion & ambition.